Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody heard the old daisy V/L rifle? It was a rifle that used a spring piston to propell a caseless round that would ignit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody heard the old daisy V/L rifle? It was a rifle that used a spring piston to propell a caseless round that would ignit

Has anybody heard the old daisy V/L rifle? It was a rifle that used a spring piston to propell a caseless round that would ignite off of the hot air that the piston generated. But it was discontinued because the ATF ruled that it was a firearms and Daisy wasn't licensed to make firearms.

I do remember that, primarily because the war in Southeast Asia was still going on and the concept of caseless ammunition was very interesting to the military establishment. That was the late 60's - early 70's, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know how far the ammunition's development progressed, but I thought the idea made sense.

Comment

I do remember also, and a Handgun was made to fire that caseless ammo, I think the Rifle was V0001#,1967-68??
      I do believe it was in Guns and Ammo/Mag..1966-67.

Comment

no have not heard of it but im going to a gun show in 2 days and might ask around if someone might have one or ownned one?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad