Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientist are now able, through cloning, to restore some species of extinct wildlife, including mammoths and saber-tooth tigers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientist are now able, through cloning, to restore some species of extinct wildlife, including mammoths and saber-tooth tigers.

Scientist are now able, through cloning, to restore some species of extinct wildlife, including mammoths and saber-tooth tigers. Forget Jurassic park - it's too far back. I would like to see them restore the Irish Elk, with its 12-foot antler spread. What species of wildlife would you like to see them bring back?

Not for sure how far back you want to go but the carrier pigeon comes to mind.

Comment

I can't imagine a shoot for the passenger pigeon when the flocks darkened the skies, but I don't think today's environment would support them. Hunting the short-faced bear would be the ultimate, and maybe the final, thrill. A dirk toothed cat could have a place on my wall right alongside the aurochs.

Comment

Megalodon meaning big tooth, is regarded as one of the largest and most powerful predators in vertebrate history, and likely had a profound impact on the structure of marine communities. Fossil remains suggest that this giant shark reached a maximum length of fifty two to sixty seven feet.

Now do you want to go swimming in the ocean? LOL

Comment

Gary - We're going to need a bigger boat.

Comment

Personally, I don't like the idea all that much. They're gone for a reason, science is starting to mess with forces stronger than themselve with this one. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

I also diagree with it but I would like to see the dodo bird brought back.

Comment

The heath hen was eradicated in the U.S. in the 1880's because of excessive market hunting. Its habitat remains largely unchanged.
                That would be welcome addition to our game selection.

Comment

The thylacine.

Comment

I was always fascinated by the sabre-tooth tiger. Not sure where to put it though... perhaps Idaho where it probably wouldn't do any more damage than the wolves are doing. I sure wouldn't want it in my back yard.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad