Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! When my son and myself would go hunting we would listen to George Jones, Hank Williams Jr. and Neil Young. I need to updat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! When my son and myself would go hunting we would listen to George Jones, Hank Williams Jr. and Neil Young. I need to updat

Help! When my son and myself would go hunting we would listen to George Jones, Hank Williams Jr. and Neil Young. I need to update my playlist and was wondering if any of you guys would share several of your favorite songs. I've added Mumford and Sons, and Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. What are some of yours?

I always have Shooter Jennings Greatest Hits album close at hand when it's hunting season. Another song to check out is "50 dollars and a flask of Crown", by Bleu Edmondson.

Comment

Good one ORbowhunter!
      I just recorded Shooter on David Letterman and almost forgot about him.
      Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

I think Jamey Johnson would make a great addition.

Comment

x2 on Jamey Johnson. And I would also say that all three Eric Church albums are top notch also, probably one of the best musicians in the business. Good Luck!

Comment

Justin Townes Earle - I'm partial to Ain't Waitin', Memphis in the Rain, and Harlem River Blues.

Comment

Aaron Lewis, charlie daniels, waylon jennings, micheal martin murphy.

Comment

ive always got ted nugent, led zepplin, jimi hendrix, and stuff like that playing in my car. not a country fan, rock n roll is where im at.

Comment

Junior Brown and George Strait.

Comment

I looked up a lot of the names everyone listed ... Please name the specific songs that you are partial to, as I'm not familiar with some of the artists.
                    I'm trying to get away from what I usually listen to,
                    as my wife says I'm stuck in the past.
                    Thanks for responding!

Comment

I thought that the whole reason for buying your favorite artist's recordings was so that you didn't need to "update" your play list. The line between modern country and pop has become way too fuzzy for me. Give me Alan Jackson, George Strait, etc. any day. If you can't two-step to it it ain't country.

Comment

I personally like Don Williams singing just about anything!

Comment

All great suggestions. They don't have to be country songs. I do agree with you Sourdough Dave.

Comment

Years ago I had a friend who was a part time wedding DJ. I asked him to make me a disc with slow dancing songs for hunting. I wanted to keep the ears protected for the hunt. I didn’t want to hear banging drum songs ringing inside my ears. I like it because the hunters can talk while driving to our hunting location without being over powdered by loud music. These are some of the soft songs on my disc that the DJ selected. No complaints here!

1. Color my World by Chicago
                            2. Love me Tender by Elvis Presley
                            3. Michelle by the Beatles
                            4. The Rose by Bette Midler
                            5. She Believes In Me by Kenny Rogers
                            6. My Way by Frank Sinatra
                            7. Yesterday by the Beatles
                            8. Send in the Clowns by Judy Collins
                            9. Spanish Eyes by Willie Nelson and Ray Charles
                            10. Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel
                            11. Endless Love by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie

Comment

Correction, it was "Seven Spanish Angels" by Willie Nelson and Ray Charles

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                He used H4350 and the Berger 105g Hybrid. He cleaned it religiously but didn't know about carbon ring until I saw the barrel. Overbore cartridges cause...
                                Today, 02:11 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by PigHunter
                                That's a nice project! Have you tried the 6.5 Grendel and if so, what's your opinion of it?
                                Today, 02:05 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by PigHunter
                                You're right, I'm an Agnostic. But, I've been a Christian, Sunday School teacher, and lay preacher. With an hour's prep I could probably deliver a decent...
                                Today, 02:00 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X