Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best heavyweight boxing champion of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    Rocky Marciano was the only undefeated champ. Joe Louis also retired undefeated, but made a comeback and was beaten by Ezzard Charles.
    It was said that Marciano's punches to his opponents' arms had a paralyzing effect.

Leave a comment:

• 1994fordf250
    replied
    MUHAMMAD ALI is what i think

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    I never saw Marciano, or Dempsey fight, but I remember my father and uncles talking about them. Both great fighters, no doubt about it. When I was growing up, Ali was probably the best.

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    Marciano or Ali get my vote.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Another vote for Rocky Marciano.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Rocky Marciano undersized and undefeated,also Ali fought everyone in an era when everyone was someone and lost three years of his prime.I didn't like his politics but he was great.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I vote for Jack Dempsey, This cat was bad to the bone!

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Of the fighters I have seen, Mike Tyson in his prime appeared to be unstoppable.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Jack Dempsey beyond a doubt. He took the title from Jess Willard. Who killed the previous challenger in the ring. Willard had also taken the title from Jack Johnson. Another powerful opponent. Dempsey 6'1" 180 lbs. the victor fought Willard 6'7" 245 lbs from a crouch. Before the fight [one of the most brutal in boxing history] was over. Dempsey cracked his skull, shattered his jaw, broke ribs, broke his nose, knocked out 4 of his teeth and partially deafened him.
    His restaurantt was on B'way around the corner from my Aunt's residents. He stopped to shake my hand and was a kind attentive man as I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Who was the best heavyweight boxing champion of all time?

Who was the best heavyweight boxing champion of all time?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad