Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how you would enter the tattoo contest, or if they even still have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how you would enter the tattoo contest, or if they even still have it?

Anybody know how you would enter the tattoo contest, or if they even still have it?

They say a tattoo is permanent proof of temporary insanity.

Comment

First, you get a tattoo------

Comment

One More thing about tattoo's. The colors used are generally oxides of heavy metals. They are most commonly liquefied in Listerine. For a tattoo to be successful the ink must be deposited in the Dermis. The middle layer of skin. Too deep the ink {oxides] are carried away by the blood to your organs [kidney's, liver]. In the Dermis the form scar tissue and are stable. The problem arises if you ever want them removed. Lasers are used the ink [oxides] are broken free and carried away by your blood and filtered by your organs. Once you have heavy metals in you. They stay in you.

Comment

Line of morons forms in the rear.....

Comment

I like the tattoo decals they sell at the beach that wash off when you go into the water.

Comment

Carl Huber,

Thanks for that explanation. I used to think folks with lots of colorful tattoos were just dumbasses. Now, I see that the heavy metal poisons damaged them and made them that way.

Comment

Wam There is a little more to the story of as dumb as a bag of hammers. In NY in the 60's and 70's tattooing was illegal. The people who wanted a tattoo and didn't want to go to New Jersey saw a guy at Aqueduct Raceway. He was very happy to give you a peace sign, Fritz the Cat or Keep on Trucking. The only hitch was he was the guy who tattooed the registration number inside the lip of race horses. No cure for stupid.

Comment

PS One more thing about sanitation before my grandkids crash the door. My son has a friend. Both he and his sister got a tattoo on the same day. Even though the "technician" opened the sealed needles in front of them and used separate ink wells. The both developed a blood disorder. They both developed opportunistic recurring boils. Only after weeks of lancing and antibiotics did this get cleared up. The best guess by the doctor was someone had an abscess and backwashed into the Listerine; when mixing the colors.

Comment

Are you on crack, or something stronger???

Comment

06 If your talking to me just my morning cup of coffee and some bottled water. The thing that bothers me is how some people get on the band wagon of a fad. They go down the road with out any knowledge of the ramifications of their actions. The girl of which I spoke is a real beauty. Now if she goes to the beach she looks like she was shot a couple of times. If I went over the top I'm sorry. But your health shouldn't be gambled on what some guy with a nose ring tells you.

Comment

Ps You might have seen her brother as the fry cook on the Bill Engvall show "Here's Your Sign".

Comment

Carl Huber-
                          I am mightily insulted that you would even consider the idea that I was referring to you when I asked the question about crack. I know your stern but fair minded wife would never permit that. I was referring to the deranged individual who would want a tattoo in the first place, and in the second place, enter it in a contest and show the world how dumb he was. Like a bag of hammers.
                          Such silliness is why I canceled my subscription to F&S the last time it expired.
                          Kindest regards to your lovely wife, and you also.

Comment

My Bad OH-SIX I miss-read. The thing I find ironic with these contests is the "art Work" is put on some very shabby canvas. I think the time and effort would be better spent at the salad bar and a cross country run. The brother and sister of which I spoke are really very good people. The young lady believe me did not need any enhancement. But I guess it's true youth is wasted on the young. In closing All the Best to You and Yours. Carl

Comment

06 and to the rest of the asses. If you dont like tattoos or people that have them then why comment on my post about them. I have my tattoos from a personal experience that i never want to forget so it means alot to me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad