Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a take off of 99explorers earlier baseball question. Who is the best, or your favorite, pitcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a take off of 99explorers earlier baseball question. Who is the best, or your favorite, pitcher?

This is a take off of 99explorers earlier baseball question. Who is the best, or your favorite, pitcher?

When I was a kid I lived ten minutes from Philadephia on the New Jersey side. I saw the LA Dodgers Sandy Koufax pitch a no hitter against the Philadelphia Phillies with my Father. Richie "D.ck" Allen got the only walk for the Phillies. The Phillie fans were cheering Koufax on for the last two innings. They wanted him to get the no hitter. Koufax was great. the Phillie fans gave Koufax a standing ovation.He is now the pitching coach for the Dodgers.
    Today the Phillies Roy Holiday is the best!

Comment

Correction Roy "Halladay"

Comment

John Smoltz. Having talked to him on multiple occasions I can say he is a great player on the field and a great person off the field.

Comment

Derek Holland, Texas Rangers. Have known him since his Little League years and played ball with my son through high school.

The best pitcher all-time? Too many to recall.

Best pitching rotation... Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz.

Comment

Best of all time may be Sandy Koufax,pitch in great pain and still was dominating at the end of his career! Favorite Roy Halladay, watching him pitch is old school perfection.He gives his team and fans every thing he has, still goes out there for nine innings.1A Justin Verlander throws harder as game goes on, amazing!!

Comment

My vote goes to Cy Young, the only pitcher in MLB to win more than 500 games, and he never got the Cy Young award.

Comment

buckhunter how about Cuellar,McNally and Palmer?Gary D a Phillies fan wow should have known,could not agree more on your choices.Hope Roy gets that ring!

Comment

I like clutch pitchers like Curt Shilling and the bloody sock. I wish I could have seen Koufax, Gibson, Seaver in their prime. I did see Seaver pitch in his later years, and he was still great.
                  My favorite (even my all time favorite player) is the Express, Nolan Ryan. I was watching that game when he and Robin Ventura had their "little" disagreement. I remember the highlights when he took a line drive right in the kisser off of Bo Jacksons bat, and he kept pitching in the game. He was a tough ol cowboy.
                  It bugs me when management will pull a pitcher, like the Nationals did with Strausberg last year because he was approaching to many innings pitched. I miss the good old days when the pitchers were throwing complete games, and 300+ innings a year. They were work horses.

Comment

Did you know that Philadelphia Phillies Roy Halladay, Saint Louis Cardinals Ace Chris Carpenter and the Chicago Cubs Closer B. J. Ryan all went fishing in the Amazon of South America? Check out the post below. They even saved a local guy who was bite by a Anaconda.

www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/carpenter-s-excellent-fishing-adventure/article_380f0af2-3314-11e1-83e2-0019bb30f31a.html

Comment

A better link on that Amazon fishing trip with three major league pitchers.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/30/roy-halladay-chris-carpenter-fishing-anaconda-amazon_n_1176428.html

Comment

Curt was clutch I will always be a fan of his turn on the lights and give him the ball.Ed Wade said it best a horse every five days a horses a*s the other four!He gave the Phillies a shot at the 93 world series and for that I will always be greatful.

Comment

Don Newcombe of the Brooklyn Dodgers once pitched both games of a double-header, but was taken out for a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning of the second game.

Comment

Anything that's not too dark or with too much head on it and, of course, somebody else is buying.

Comment

The best current pitcher has to be Justin Verlander.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad