Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Hampshire legislature just killed a bill that would have allowed teachers and other school employees to carry concealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Hampshire legislature just killed a bill that would have allowed teachers and other school employees to carry concealed

The New Hampshire legislature just killed a bill that would have allowed teachers and other school employees to carry concealed firearms on school property. The House Majority leader said, "It was just a bad bad bill." "The idea of arming teachers, it takes care of the symptom but doesn't go to the cause of the problem itself." The symptom is the death of innocent school children. I would settle for a bill that takes care of that, even if it doesn't go to the cause of the problem. What say you?

New Hampshire is the last state i would think would prevent concealed carry in schools. Too bad.
    Ohio at this time is training over 1,000 by Buckeye Firearms Association for free. They are getting training very similar to LEO get. Most school employees that volunteered were already CCL holders.

Comment

South Dakota passed a similar bill just last week, which would allow it school districts to actually arm teachers, staff and recruit volunteers to stand as armed sentinels.

Comment

I think maybe its denial. It seems many in our society to not value life. Its a sad day that we even have to talk about arming kindergarten teachers. Bottomline, we shouldn't have too but there are too many wack jobs out there not to consider it.

Comment

I can easily see both sides of this argument. Maybe the legislature prefers trained armed guards rather than teachers?

Comment

buckhunter,
            I hope your estimation is the correct one. Maybe someone will do a little follow up on this one and discover they decided to hire armed security instead.

I see nothing wrong with allowing qualified personnel who're on premises anyway to arm themselves to protect our children in the extremely rare chance a whackadoo decides to attack a school.

Comment

Most of the Fl.Counties Now have a Full-time Deputy Sheriff on duty all day at every School, paid by 1/2 the School Dist,1/2 the Sheriff Dept. and We the People!
              Armed Security was talked about.. but they don't have the Powers of Arrest in Florida?

Comment

How else are they supposed to defend kids if somebody comes into their school? There isn't much a teacher can do if something bad happens! I would probably like if teachers took a class, or something along those lines. At least have armed guards or something in the school if you won't arm the teachers.

Comment

I like the NRA’s idea. Retired Cops or military personal as armed guard in each school.

Comment

I think we owe it to our children to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Allowing teachers, and school personnel to carry concealed firearms in school, with proper training, is a good start. Some additional Police presence around schools, with armed teachers would be even better.

Comment

I like the concept of an armed citizen in the classroom. I would support a cc bonus, at least until 100% of the school personel are armed. Removing the concept of a gun free zone is essential to having schools safe.

Comment

I have a teaching credential, but I will not work where any of my constitutional rights are denied me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad