Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little hero Trivia. When Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon he utered those famous words "One small step". Upon re-enteri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little hero Trivia. When Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon he utered those famous words "One small step". Upon re-enteri

A little hero Trivia. When Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon he utered those famous words "One small step". Upon re-entering his space craft he said "Good Luck Mr. Gorsky. Who was Mr. Gorsky? Hint; He wasn't a Russian Cosmonautt.

I am going to guess it was someone who told him he would not go very far.

Comment

Buddy Hackett

Comment

The Russian Leader Gorbachev? The Russians were fighting us to be first on the moon. Just a wild guess.

Comment

I read this, that Mr. Gorsky was his childhood next door neighbor who was a friend to young Neil. I can't tell it verbatim here but it involved Mr. Gorsky "getting lucky" with his wife "when the kid next door walks on the moon". I read later that it could be an urban legend.

Comment

Very good 007. It isn't an urban legend it was confirmed by Mr. Armstrong's family.

Comment

Really? Just goes to show that Snopes isn't that dependable. Regards......

Comment

Urban legend, reportedly does not jive with the official transcript of the moon landing.

Comment

The only proof I have is a cousin who was preset at a conference. Mr. Armstrong gave a speech on 7/5/95 in Tampa Florida. After which he was asked about the Mr. Gorsky incident. Be it anecdotal or just his idea of a joke on a long standing rumor. I can not say. But he did get a laugh. Brings to mind the last line in the movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence". When it comes to truth or myth, print the myth.

Comment

Wow,
                    The Moon Landing, Neil Armstrong and a line from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence". Good post:-D)

Comment

Yeah my kids tell me I know more [email protected] about nothing.

Comment

Carl,
                        Tell you kids, "you know a thing or two about a thing or two:-D) "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence", they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad