Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's an interesting concept...shooting a bullet off your bow platform. What do y'all think about that idea? See link on first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioguy01
    replied
    It's an interesting concept, but honestly, if you're going to fling an arrow at something, why replace the blade with a bullet, and if you're going to use a bullet, why not just use a gun? Six of those casings are the same price as 6 muzzys (actually, I think muzzys are a little cheaper) and the muzzys are reusable. The bowmag is a 1 and done deal, so each shot is roughly $8, and that's assuming the thing doesn't bust your arrow. Second, I can't imagine too many states would allow these as a legal method of taking game, and if they do, what are they classified as? Is it a firearm or is it archery equipment? Last, I can't imagine you would get any kind of range out of the arrow if you're shooting a 300+ grain head.

I'm glad to see others here were just as hesitant about this idea. I think it's a neat concept, but I think the folks at Rac-em-bak really need to re-evaluate the practicality of their products.

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    I wouldn't use it.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Bioguy thanks for the heads up,I don't think it will fly but an interesting concept right out of sons of guns!

Leave a comment:

• bruisedsausage
    replied
    I think it's a dangerous as hell idea. What happens if you have a deflection and a detonation? Seems like it could be sending projectiles in unreliable directions.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    An interesting concept but I don't think it will make it big. The core issue with archery is the inaccuracy of the shot from most practioners. A broadhead is quite lethal as long as it is placed in the right place. The game that escapes is usually a result of a bad shot or the animimal jumping to avoid the very slow moving arrow. I suspect that a big angry boar that is gut shot by one of these bullets will be just as difficult to retrieve as one shot by a Muzzy.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Ridiculous. Proves the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Leave a comment:

• Glenrock
    replied
    They say they are around 350 grains in 38 caliber.Which would limit the the range.

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Hi...

Certainly an interesting concept...but I think that many, if not most States, would not allow them.

I also have the feeling that the projectile penetration is limited.

And, there's the question of 'inadvertent' firing of the projectile, also.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Pretty cool concept, but worthless. Did you notice the hog was tied up when the girl shot it?

Leave a comment:

• hhack
    replied
    I would think the that the ballistics produced would be pretty terrible. This is just a gimmick with I think very little usefulness.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Endorsed by John J. Rambo.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    WV has a regulation that makes explosive broadheads illegal so they would be illegal in WV.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Great Concept..But NOT legal in Big Game "Bow Only Season" in Florida good in B/Power and General Gun Season....But why Limit your self to 30Yd or so???
    When Most Deer are taken just under 100Yd in the U.S. every year????

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Are they dangerous? Could they go off if a bow hunter accidentally hit’s a tree or the trunk lid of his vehicle? How many bow hunters have dropped arrows from their deer stands, will they go off when they hit the ground?
    Will the Fish and Wildlife Department approve them? They remind me of those poison broad heads.

Leave a comment:

• Glenrock
    replied
    Yeah I think they are interesting. I dont think we will be able to use them on deer but varmits I bet we will.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad