Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to my area sporting goods store the other day to pick up a few cases of AA superhandicap #7 1/2. To my suprise all they h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to my area sporting goods store the other day to pick up a few cases of AA superhandicap #7 1/2. To my suprise all they h

I went to my area sporting goods store the other day to pick up a few cases of AA superhandicap #7 1/2. To my suprise all they had at the time was a couple cases of AA superhandicap #8s. Like I said I was supprised because this is always where I get my shells and they always have plenty. I know ammo is a tall order these days but seriously!? Target loads! I asked the guy there If they anticipated getting any in soon. "He said its tough to know, ammos been crazy latley". The shortage of rifle ammo has been anoying but I dont shoot rifle much so it didnt effect me. But if I have a problem finding my favorite shells this year it could seriously effect me as I shoot trap competetivley. I picked up some federal premeium superhandicap #7 1/2 to get me by but I really prefer to shoot the AA for handicap. Is anyone else experiencing this? When do you anticipate things getting back to normal? oh yes, to add salt to the wound he informed my that they were thinking about not doing the annual rebate this year eather.

Had almost the same thing here. Went to pick up some #8 shot and other supplys to reload for the summer trap season and they had about 5 bags left. They were also limiting you to 500 primers, 1 25 lb. bag of shot, and 2 lbs. of powder. That is not going to get me real far.

Comment

I went the other day to get target loads for my 12 ga. All they had were either 20 ga, or a few more expensive boxes of 12 ga loads. Ammo manufacturers are probably putting more of the lead and powder into making rifle loads instead of shotgun shells. That's just a guess.

Comment

I have not noticed this with shot shells yet, except the increased price of value packs. Whatever brand I look for I can usually find. I bought a case of estate dove and target loads the other day for 55 bucks. I figure that's bout good as it gets.

Comment

NOTE: You can find all the Ammo you want at you local FLE-Markit's at a $15.00 + over W*L price Pre Box of 20.

Comment

I posted something like this a few weeks ago. Some of the mom and pop shops had ammo, but not Academy sports. I never would of thought people would be hoarding birdshot and .22 ammo!

Comment

have not experienced any shortage of shotgun shells of any kind here in MI, just rifle and pistol ammo.

Comment

I find It's been hit and miss for the premium shells. I like to get a couple boxes of the AA's every once in a while, and save the hulls to reload. The local range always has a good supply of the cheaper target loads. and they've had #8 shot every time I went to pick some up, but the price keeps creeping up.

Comment

i have seen the price increase though. when i used to buy flats usually you get a little bit of a deal, but not anymore.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad