Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hear thinks that President Obama is destroying our country? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    Gary - That's a good comparison. It made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    hhack you’re correct about Jolsen.
    Jolsen loves to instigate pissing matches with his questions on this website.
    Go inside his profile and look under Messages and Answers and you will find many more of those same type questions.
    Jolsen reminds me of Egor when he used to teased the monster Frankenstein with the fire torch. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    PigHunter,
    I'll just point out the obvious...if you truly have skipped over my comments as unworthy, why bother to post a response??
    No need to answer really, you have a nice day too.

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    I only have one thing to say and it is about the national debt which is the fault of all of our politicians in Washington. Since October of 2005 the national debt has more than doubled. It has grown an average of 3.88 billion dollars a day since September of 2007. That puts my wife and I with a personal share of the national debt at over 116,000 dollars today and still climbing. If I had to pay up my share today, it would take one doozy of a garage sale!

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Goin' to Heck in a handbasket, and the basket is heavily mortgaged. I'm just glad I had the honor of growing up in America when it was still the "Shining City on a Hill" envy of the rest of the world.

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteHunter
    replied
    @jhjimbo - Well it falsely credited the AP, which definitely doesn't help its credibility. While I agree that no one can really judge the ACA or its effects yet, there is still factual information on it that can discredit the myths about it on the internet (death panels, cost, etc.)

@hhack - I very rarely see Jolsen or Hoski ask political questions on here, and if they start anything at all, it's still a lot less than others start on this site. Also, when they argue or debate, they use very logical arguments, that are very non-condescending in tone when compared to the arguments of many others on this site.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    I never -1 anybody although I collect quite a few from you guys. I asked the question cause I want to know. It's not my fault if some of the answers appear as though from 3rd graders and I have every right to contest them. Ding away.

Leave a comment:

• hhack
    replied
    Yeah, guys if you haven't noticed this is what Hoski and jolsen live for. That is why Jolsen started this argument and they know people will take the bait so they get let the -1s fly. The question is rhetorical and jolsen doesn't really care for an answer.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    CoyoteHunter
    How do you know the newspaper in Kenya is questionable?

I still say it is to early to judge Obamacare. The book Obamacare Survival Guide on PP. 29 - 33 has the implementation schedule dates all the way to 2018. How can anyone say at this time what the total effect will be?

Leave a comment:

• AAM
    replied
    OK this has gone to way far. This isn't a debate it's an argument.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    Wow, didn't check in yesterday and missed all the fun. Coyotehunter nicely done and Hoski as well. I can't believe that people still talk death panels. I think Dallas needs an education in a bad way.
    Why should I not post a question like this here? Maybe I want feedback from more people that sarge and bubba.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    CoyoteHunter,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide some actual factual information.
    Only time will tell if any of it is put to use.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    Dallas A. McWhorter ,
    Your analogy is worthy of a 5th grader...I hope you can do better in the future.
    The point of the article you chose to reference as best argument was fatally flawed. As I rightly pointed out the group comprised of terminally ill people to start with, so a comparison to a typically healthy population is meaningless.
    Tell me, when you are advised by the medical profession that you are terminally ill, (Heaven forbid) and that realistically nothing can be done, are you prepared to squander your life's savings and assets to prolong your existence a week, month...2?

Also, keep in mind, the provision contained in the ACA addressing end of life decisions merely permit a medical professional the opportunity to discuss the issue with a patient. And this is important...when the PATIENT requests the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteHunter
    replied
    @Dallas - You do realize that that article is about a doctor CLAIMING that the care that terminally ill patients are receiving under a certain program is LIKE euthanasia, but that no one is actually being euthanized? And that most of the numbers in the article are intentionally misleading and skewed because the article is on an extremely conservative news site? A commentator on the article provides a nice explanation of that if you care to read it.

@jhjimbo - Just wanted to point out that the article you linked to is from a questionable news source based in Kenya, and that none of that is actually from the AP.

To those saying that Obama has allowed people to abuse welfare or made it easier to do so, fraud rates have been declining during the Obama Administration. They weren't that high to begin with though, and are only around 2-3% now of all welfare recipients. And perhaps you should realize the government spends $33 billion more on corporate subsidies then welfare programs. And your republicans want to increase the corporate subsidies while slashing welfare programs. Now who would rather see money spent on? Corporations? Or the 97% of welfare recipients who actually need welfare?

Concerning ACA - First of all, the IPAB you are referring to 99ex, is prohibited from rationing care, increasing copayments, restricting benefits, or modifying eligibility criteria. Also, there is only one of them, consisting of 18 members, so there are not multiple ones. Secondly, no one is forced to buy insurance. You can forgo it for a fee of $695 or 2.5% of their annual income. As for Dallas, where did you get that $20,0000 number? Not sure for a family of five, but the MAXIMUM for any family of four is $10,000 - $12,500 depending on amount of healthcare received that year, and the max for a family of four with an annual income of $60,000 is only $5,000 - $6,250 depending on amount of healthcare received.

@Gary on unemployment - The current unemployment rate is 7.9% compared with 7.8% when he took office, and the rate as been on a relative decline since October of 2009.

Also @99ex - I'd be willing to bet you everything I own that no actual movement to impeach Obama will be started.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad