Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I've shot many bolt rifles during my life and my "go to" rifle for most hunting is a 25-06. I must say though, that my .223 Bushmaster Varminter is becoming my favorite rifle. It is extremely accurate and it is fun to shoot. Partly because the reloads are so inexpensive and partly because when I hunt with it, I have more confidence than with anything I shoot. In pistols, it is a Kimber .45 and in shotguns a Rem 870.

Leave a comment:

• cb bob
    replied
    It really is a tough choice. If I had to choose, I would say my Winchester model 70 in .300WSM.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Remington 760 gamemmaster 30-06 carbine because it reminds me of all the great times hunting with family and friends. It has taken many bucks for me and both sons,when I bought it 30+ years ago and I thought this rifle is perfect for what I need it for. Once in my life I was right!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I have plenty of firearms that cost more, but my favorite is still my well worn, scratched, dinged and beat up 20gauge 870 Express. With a rifled barrel and slugs, it's my go to "rifle" for still hunting. Swap out the barrel and throw in an IC choke, and it's a grouse killing machine. Sure, if I don't apply wax once a year it'll rust at the drop of a hat. It's got more plastic parts than it probably should, and the stock is remarkably bland. But, it's very quick to shoulder and when game is on the line, I never seem to miss with it.

Leave a comment:

• Brock Holloway
    replied
    savage 93r17 with heavy barrel and barska scope and bipod

Leave a comment:

• habben97
    replied
    they all have there time and place, and all of them work great for what I bought them for. it is hard to pick just one! I like them all!

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    My favorite hunting gun is my Rem 887, favorite trap gun in 870 wingmaster, favorite rifle is rem fieldmaster .22. My favorite pistol is either a S&W .22 revolver i check my traps with, or a .45 Colt my Grandfather had while working border patrol.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Browning Superposed 12 ga. (Belgian made) Fave shotgun,
    Savage 11 7mm-08
    Colt Python .357 mag.

Leave a comment:

• PAShooter
    replied
    I have a lot of favorite guns, some expensive, some cheap, some sentimental. But if i was forced to only have one rifle, one shotgun, and one handgun from my collection it would be:
    Rifle:Ruger 77 RSI
    Shotgun: Browning Citori superlight feather
    Handgun: Ruger Blackhawk

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    My favorite is a Browning Challenger .22lr that i bought in 1965.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I've been asked that question in the past, and it hasn't gotten any easier to answer it simply. There are rifles I reach for more often than others, and several of them are in my profile photos, but I reach for a Winchester Model 70 in .250 Savage or a Model 94 in .30-30 more often than not.
    Favorite handgun? My favorite autoloader would be the Kimber .45ACP, and my choice for a revolver would be a K-frame .38 Special.
    Favorite shotgun? An over/under 20 gauge or a Rem 870 in 12 gauge.

Leave a comment:

• Hunting92
    replied
    My Winchester mod 70 in 300 win mag.

Leave a comment:

• rickyno5
    replied
    all things considered (including price) for rifles I love the new(ish) browning x-bolt, I love my super red hawk .454, practical shotgun gotta love the 870 superman, and all around fun gun the saiga 12 is hard to beat for straight up firepower and shock and awe

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    That's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    My Browning P-35 Hi-Power made in Belgium in 1976. It has adjustable white-outline sights and Pachmayr wrap-around grips.
    If I could only keep one gun, this would be it.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad