Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't clear on the last question. How should I build a shelter for 2 people with tarps? It needs to be pretty warm (for about 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't clear on the last question. How should I build a shelter for 2 people with tarps? It needs to be pretty warm (for about 3

Wasn't clear on the last question. How should I build a shelter for 2 people with tarps? It needs to be pretty warm (for about 32 degrees). Maybe I should ask what shape the tent should be. Our sleeping bags are only about a 40 degree comfort rating.

Take an extra sleeping bag and put one inside the other. Also make sure you wear dry wool socks to bed.

Comment

And whatever you do ensure there's lots of clearance between you and that poly tarp. By morning it will be dripping with condensation from your breath.

Comment

I would use one tarp for a tent and the other for a ground cloth. The tent could be suspended on a rope between trees, and it will shelter you from wind and rain, but will not keep you warm.
        The ground cloth can be used to make a bed if doubled over and filled with dry leaves and thin pine boughs to create an air space between your sleeping bag and the ground.
        Good luck.

Comment

This doesn't really have to do with the tent, but to help stay warm, boil water and put it in a water bottle. Make sure the lid is secure. Dry the bottle off and place it in your sleeping bag a few minutes before you head to bed. This helps warm up your sleeping bag, and holds warmth for a good portion of the night.

Comment

thank you every one we only had enough time to look at the first 3 but thank you any ways

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad