Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Walmart did it for me. The right lens didn't come centered properly so they had to send for another one. Still, I couldn't beat their price. Be cautious about outfits advertising two-for-one sales. The frames are usually limited to real crap and lots of other strings usually. Mine were just under $200 Cnd funds and included line bifocal (my particular eye situation does not lend itself well to graduated bifocals). Don't forget the hardness coating. Should be against the law to sell any kind of plastic lenses without that coating. You can forget about the non-glare coating. I tried that once and hated it. The non-reflective coating seems to get filmy constantly. If you need bifocals I DO NOT recommend the currently fashionable teeny thin-style frames. Tried those once too ... and only once! Not good for hiking around the bush as you need to bury your chin in your chest to see what's going on near your feet. For computer work or playing the piano I have a second pair of glasses set at 24" range and no bifocal. I heartily recommend those for anyone with a computer desk job.

Leave a comment:

• Trapper Vic
    replied
    I have just been thinking about new glasses, OH did you go to a private optician or a franchise. I have been looking at frames in a walmart, they have titanium and about every style imaginable.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Just had my yearly exam last month and got new titanium frames. You're right, OHH, they are light. I have the same in my prescription, tri-focal polarized sunglasses. They beat the snot out of clip-ons. Glad yours are working for you.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    You remind me that it has been a while since I've had an eye exam, and my lights are dimming. Perhaps it's time to address that priority.

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    The world always looks brighter through new lenses!
    I'll probably get myself some of those titanium frames as I'm due for an eye check-up. Thanks for sharing Ontario Honker!

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Picked up my new glasses yesterday. Wow, what a difference. I bought my first pair of titanium frames and polycarbonate lenses. I have had a lot of medical intervention to the left eye and that lens can be a bit thick. Not any more. The polycarbonate lens is a fraction of the thickness of my old plastic lenses. They're also supposed to be much stronger than either safety glass or plastic. They also appear to be much clearer. And these titanium frames are so light they're almost nonexistent. Altogether these glasses weigh nothing. I told the optician to ensure a good fit otherwise a slight breeze will dislodge them. I'm anxious to see how they hold up to heavy recoil from my goose gun.

Leave a comment:

• Tip for the day: buying new prescription glasses

Tip for the day: buying new prescription glasses

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad