Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wise for Woman(Young & Old) to carry a 22Lr,22Mag,25Acp Hand Guns for CCW. with the advent of New and Improved Ammo. What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a TASER.??

Comment

One of the guys I am talking about when you shot him with a Taser just reached down and took the leads out and threw them on the floor and looked at you. Then you knew you were in big trouble.

Comment

I don't think you want to get shot with a .32 ACP round either. I just bought my wife a Beretta Tomcat .32 auto because she complained about the .38 Special recoil since her hand surgery. The best gun is the biggest one you can tolerate the recoil and easily carry.

Comment

One of the problems with OC (pepper spray) is cross contamination. Any law enforcement officer can tell you you if you spray someone, you or your partner are also going to become contaminated. I have also seen people that have not been or have barely been affected by it. I would recommend a lager sized .380 ACP chambered pistol, something like the Walther PPK. The extra weight from the metal frame will help with recoil. I'm sure you could probably experiment with recoil spring weights with some aftermarket springs from Woolf if she has trouble cycling the slide.

Comment

Hi...

Although not as 'potent' as some other calibers, I would have to recommend an 'in-between' gun...the .380.

Also, there is quite a difference between bear spray and conventional civilian-carried mace. Bear spray that is EPA registered will do quite a job on the biggest bears...and might not be a bad choice for human prey also.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad