No announcement yet.

What's your favorite place to vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite place to vacation?

What's your favorite place to vacation?

I take a 20 minute vacation every morning after I make my coffee and then I flush and go to work.

Comment

Kihei, Maui - I also scuba dive.

Comment

I really loved Germany, although I was there because of the Army, not really a vacation.

Comment

I loved bow hunting for elk and mule deer in the Rocky Mountains. Those golden aspens in the fall are beautiful.

I also loved fishing for mahi mahi, wahoo and the giant blue marlin at the big island of Hawaii. What's neat about Kona boat dock, is when your leave the boat yard area, you’re immediately in thousand feet of dark blue water.

Comment

Depends for the beach I love the Carolinas and the Dominican Republic. Key West For Partying. Had a great fishin trip in Ontario with my Dad. After college I spent some time on an air mattress in my buddies apt in colorado and just fished every day until I ran out of money and had to grow up and get a job. That was an amazing trip. But the one trip I look forward to the most every year is when I take my dad down to our family farm for spring turkey.

Comment

I live on the Gulf Coast for fishing and get to spend most of the winter months hunting private land a couple of hundred miles inland, so for me, every day is a holiday and every meal is a banquet. In the spring, I can kill a gobbler in the morning and catch a cobia in the afternoon with a short drive in between.

Comment

My favorite spots for fun Vacations are San Diego and Key West. However, most of the time it's short trips to Gulf Shores or Gatlinburg for us.
                Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Carribian

Comment

For me hunting is a way of life, not a vacation? Vacations I spent with children and grandchildren, doing what they want to do.

Comment

I agree with Happy. My vacations involve relaxing and spending time with family. If I'm hunting I hunt alone and am usually not very good company. One of the few things I take serious.

Comment

Southern Ontario, where most of my extended family lives. Vacation is family time, and fortunately my family loves the outdoors. I can get in some group recreational shooting on their large farms. Or we drive 90 minutes to one of the Great Lakes, launch the cruiser and troll for salmon, with the bbq fired up on the stern. Or go to Stratford for the Shakespeare Festival. Always participate in the harvests, whether its baling hay in June or taking in wheat or corn later on. Doesn't really matter, as long as we are together and enjoying each others' company. And no matter what we do, it feels like a million miles from my regular life in Phoenix.

Comment

I don't consider hunting trips vacation. Vacation for me is with my wife, children and grandchildren and one of our favorite places is the Pigeon Forge Tenn. area. Something there for everyone.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad