Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FirstBubba---I saw in the Campfire that you mentioned Willie Nelson playing blues guitar---where would I find that music? I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba---I saw in the Campfire that you mentioned Willie Nelson playing blues guitar---where would I find that music? I am

FirstBubba---I saw in the Campfire that you mentioned Willie Nelson playing blues guitar---where would I find that music? I am a blues instrumental fanatic. I know this isn't a hunting or fishing question, but then neither is the zombie dreck that appears from time to time.

country road

Willie records and sells his "bread and butter", country. Mostly when you hear Willie playing "blues" you'll be watching programs like "Austin City Limits"etc.
    Willie probably has recorded some blues, I just couldn't tell you "where"to find anything except at the "Ernest Tubb Record Shop" in the Stockyards in Fort Worth. If anybody has anything, it would be them.
    Needless to say, Willie's cut a little different than the others, to put it mildly.
    Some of his stuff I really like. Some, I wouldn't give 10ยข a ton for. Just personal taste.
    Try to find the TV program "Troubadour Texas"! Lots of fun, young, up and coming artists really doing well on the "Texas" scene. Alot of it is pretty bluesy.
    Good luck.

Comment

BTW, country road, do you play?

Comment

What? A question that has nothing to do with hunting and fishing? Give these boys a blindfold and cigarette!

Comment

FirstBubba---Thanks for the information, and it would take a microscope and a good light to discern any talent I have for playing music.
          Redfishunter---Don't know any folks under the Moon Pie identity. Do any of them fish Gulf Shores Pier?

Comment

country road

Never say never. At 62, I just started lessons this month. I surprise myself every day when I finally pick up another chord or lyric!
            I'll never be a Chet Atkins or play the Grand Ole Opry, but I sure have fun at the local, weekly jam session! With 5 to 20 people playing, nobody hears your mistakes! LOL!

Comment

Willie has an album called milk cow blues. Really a ton of his music is blues based. If you ever get a chance to see him live jump on it. He's a great performer and he doesn't care if you walk up and snap a picture while he's playing. If you youtube milk cow blues I bet you'll find some. I started playing when I was 21 and Worried Man by Willie was the first song I learned and now 18 years later its still one of my favorites to play. Never too old to start. I commend you for picking it up now Bubba.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                by 99explorer
                I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
                Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories
                Today, 10:19 PM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                by FirstBubba
                "... I should have been in Africa yesterday. Damned coronavirus! ..."
                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; Today, 06:25 PM.
                Today, 10:15 PM
              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                by derek7
                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by 99explorer
                Keep it up.
                We are still waiting for an answer to my question in comment #56.
                Today, 10:15 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X