Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have any good recipies for rabbits? ive got 4 in the fridge and ive never really cooked it before. i only know one r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have any good recipies for rabbits? ive got 4 in the fridge and ive never really cooked it before. i only know one r

does anyone have any good recipies for rabbits? ive got 4 in the fridge and ive never really cooked it before. i only know one recipe (see first post) and im looking for more

the recipe that i know is marinating it in beer overnight and then frying it until it is about halfway cooked. then you take it out and make some gravy and simmer it in the gravy for about an hour. my friend did this. it makes it super tender and tastes great

Comment

I like to cook them in a pot of water until they are done. Then seperate them into pieces( legs & back) roll in flour or Italian Progresso bread crums and fry them in a pan of grease or oil. They are good this way too.

Comment

AMax
        The overnight beer soak ain't really necessary.
        Follow the rest of the recipe as normal. I use (for squirrel) the little toss out aluminum "loaf" pans. Place your browned rabbit, a cubed potatoe, some chopped onion and a little garlic and a good sprinkle of black pepper. Pour the thin gravy over the whole thing, cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
        Add milk if your gravy does cover everything. Pillsbury "Grands" go quite well, especially if they're "leaking" butter! LOL!

Comment

Sorry "...add milk if your gravy DOESN'T cover everything..."

Comment

Braise them in white wine, chicken broth, salt, pepper, fresh herbs. Right before they are about to fall off the bone take them out. Let them cool down a little Then dip them in flour, then eggs, then panko bread crumbs. Fry them until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle some salt on them as soon as they come out and squeeze some fresh lemon on them. Enjoy

Comment

Debone. Soak in buttermilk for a day. Shake dry. Coat in flower, seasoning salt and a little cayenne. Fry in Canola at 350 till golden brown. Just like fried chicken.

Comment

Their is an article on the home page about this subject. My answer is there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad