Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    Tough question, I really like deer hunting, though if I'm posted for good a bit, it's nap time, which is why I stay on the ground. I love waterfowl, squirrel and pheasant hunting. It is my wish to hunt a born and bred in the wild pheasant again as I did in my youth.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Antelope. You see lots of them, get lots of action and they can humble the best of us at times with their speed, vision and hearing. They might be dumb and trusting on opening day but give them a week of hunting pressure and then try to get within a half mile of one; or see one that is not already running when you see it.

A close second would be coyotes. They are beautiful, smart and elusive where I hunt them. They are a rifleman's challenge with many a long shot and lots of running game.

Leave a comment:

• fisherking1999
    replied
    Hands down whitetail deer! Coon hunting seems like alot of fun. I'll have to wait til next season once my dog is trained to fine out....

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Like Happy Myles said, I am an unabashed elk hunter. I have never killed what would be a real trophy to some, but all were trophies to me. To me, there are only good ol' big 'uns and big ol' good 'uns! I really get after the waterfowl with my 2 dawgs after elk is done.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    The elusive bull elk during the rut.

Leave a comment:

• 1ojolsen
    replied
    Archery whitetail and elk.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Sandstrom
    replied
    whitetail but for birds i really like grouse hunting also.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Whatever is in season, with a preference for elk and bobwhite quail. Would love to get one Cape buffalo.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I have been lucky enough to hunt many worthy animals. My favorite,until my health deteriorated, along with old age, has been stalking big bull elk. Ten operations and one year of chemo have left me unable to take cold temperatures and altitude. Now my favorite is hunting Cape buffalo, of which have taken more than my share.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    I can't narrow it down to just one, so here are the ones on top. Spring turkey, ALL waterfowl, ruffled grouse, pheasant, woodcock, dove.

Leave a comment:

• JPMNTMAN
    replied
    Elk cow or bull does not matter. Thats when AZ F&G will let me. Although I still find a way to tag along with others. I dont mind being gut boy.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    its a close race between whitetails, spring gobblers, and december pheasants....but if i had to pick spring gobblers top the list. interacting with wild animals on their home turf, thats just a blast.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Ruffed grouse never can get enough.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Ditto~~99
    They are the Sportiest Animal in North America, and The Feral Hog The Poormans Bear.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Whitetail deer, the sportiest animal in North America.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad