• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite animal to hunt?

What is your favorite animal to hunt?

Wild turkey gobblers. In the spring.

Comment

Ive tried to ask myself that question many times and I just cant come up with an answer. What ever is in season I guess. The only season that I'll be glad to have over with is snow season.

Comment

That is a hard question. I love to hunt whitetail deer but I had a ball hunting pararie dogs in Montana and Wyoming 2 years ago.

Comment

Animal?
          Without a doubt white tails!
          Favorite hunt?
          Spring turkey! I could care less about shooting one! That's just icing on the cake!
          Having one answering your calls and coming to you strutting and gobbling?
          A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!
          I especially love calling one in for Gene! He gets so excited he almost wets his pants!
          When he shoots one, the first thing he does is stand up and pee! LOL!

Comment

Javelina (tag I can get every year and can hunt with group of friends), spring gobblers (by myself and fun to call in), Bull elk in the rut in a great unit!!! (over all favorite but only can get a tag every 5-10 years here in az)

Comment

Hands down it would be Elk. Still waiting to draw a tag but a high country mule deer hunt in Colorado would be a blast.

Comment

def got to be the big ole mature whitetail

Comment

It's a tie between deer and turkey! When it's turkey season, I don't really care for deer, but when deer season comes along I don't care about turkey! And duck would have to be a very close second!

Comment

Whitetail deer, the sportiest animal in North America.

Comment

Ditto~~99
                      They are the Sportiest Animal in North America, and The Feral Hog The Poormans Bear.

Comment

Ruffed grouse never can get enough.

Comment

its a close race between whitetails, spring gobblers, and december pheasants....but if i had to pick spring gobblers top the list. interacting with wild animals on their home turf, thats just a blast.

Comment

Elk cow or bull does not matter. Thats when AZ F&G will let me. Although I still find a way to tag along with others. I dont mind being gut boy.

Comment

I can't narrow it down to just one, so here are the ones on top. Spring turkey, ALL waterfowl, ruffled grouse, pheasant, woodcock, dove.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad