Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My pet peeve is people that see my decoys and move in right next to me, throw out decoys and start shooting at every duck out of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pet peeve is people that see my decoys and move in right next to me, throw out decoys and start shooting at every duck out of

My pet peeve is people that see my decoys and move in right next to me, throw out decoys and start shooting at every duck out of range. What is yours?

Hey Del you forgot about the guys that dont even bring decoys and just shoot over yours, pisses me off.

Comment

Mine's gotta be the morons that drive around on public roads and shoot at bucks on posted private property.

I shot a buck last year on our private, posted property, just inside the woods.

The buck ran out into a hay lot and I could hear it thrashing around. I climbed down out of my stand, wearing a blaze orange hat and vest mind you, and followed the blood trail out into the hay lot.

I clear the hedge row walking into the field and I a see a truck on the side of road, the thrashing buck is on a strait line between me and the truck.

The moron is posted up across the hood of his truck, like he thinks he's on a swat team. He has my buck (and me!) in his sights.

Standing in an open field, wearing blaze orange I literally had to wave my arms and yell before this guy realized he was aiming his loaded gun at me.

I finished off the buck, pulled out my cell phone to call the game warden, and started walking towards the truck to get the plate number. As soon as he saw me heading towards him he took off.

I haven't seen that truck before or since.

Comment

Even worse was the next day when you arrived at your blind and the suckers were sitting in it watching the spread you left the evening before. Since this is trespassing a call to the game warden solves the problem until you come back another day to find the blind burned. This happened to a friend of mine down south a few years ago. Of course no ne knew anything.
        Along the lines of what Ken said I also used to hate the hunters who did not own four wheel drives. I discovered that the drivers of two wheel drive Chevys with a 454 or a similiar Ford with a 460 usually drove as fast as they could up and down public roads looking over private land hoping to shoot a buck. Of course this vehicle description is a generalization but somewhat typical of what often happened. The license plates covered with mud on an otherwise clean truck also was a give away. The low lifes were to lazy to bother four wheeling into an area where they could walk to a stand or field as many of us feel is an appropriate hunting method. In Wyoming I detest any individual who chases antelope or deer with a pickup or four wheeler usually driving off of public two track roads. This land is fragile and the game animals deserve more respect.

Comment

Ken that happend to me also, I was dragging a buck off a ridge about 11:00 oclock and when I stoped to get my breath and looked up I was staring down the barel of a 300 mag. at 50 yards, and I was wearing orange.

Comment

People stealing tree stands thats what kills me. Also while your fishing and you have a hole hog.

Comment

people that take shots after dark during deer season. it's obviously 20 minutes past sundown, which is VERY illegal, and i'm still hearing gun shots every so often. ticks me off how people are stupid like that. another deer hunting one, i hate sooners! if you can't wait to hunt in the legal time, you shouldn't be hunting at all.

Comment

Down at Marai De Cynes one day Billy and I were taking up our decoys and 2 guys down the dike a couple hundred yards fired 5 shots at a goose. Goose shooting hours end at 1:00 pm each day there. Then they continued shooting ducks long after sundown. We made it almost to the parking lot when a game warden came driving down the dike so as we was telling him about these guys they cut loose again. The warden went tearing down the dike and caught those two morons in the act. They shot again as he pulled up nearby.

Comment

One of my pet peeves is a 4-shot one hole group at 100 yards, and the fifth shot is a flyer. Worse: I've got a group I can cover with a dime and the shooter next to me fires on my target by mistake.

Comment

I can't stand it when you're hunting and people come flying by your stand/blind on atvs. They spook everything within hearing distance and generally ruin the hunting for a couple weeks.

Comment

Three years ago I was hunting the Co-op in central New York. Out of no where a dog came running by me but did not spot me. I watched him run off with his nose to the ground. About 10 minutes later I hear some trees and brush moving. Then I see brown but not a deer, there was a guy wearing a brown carhart cross country skiing with his dogs. He is lucky that I was a responsible shooter and didnt just shoot at brown. This should not happen, so when we left the woods the guy was still around. We confronted him and he jumped in his truck and drove off. Not really sure what the game warden did though. But some people need common sense.

Comment

ATVs on public land. I don't know what is worse about it; the shear rudness to your fellow hunters, or the lazyness.

Comment

I've got a few of them. I have had the same experience as Ken and the others while dragging out a deer. This year my problem has been knot heads baiting turkeys off of my hunting area. These guys spent several thousand dollars in corn plus the effort. I can't believe someone gets any real satisfaction out of shooting a turkey or any other animal off of a pile of corn...

Comment

Another I have is while bear hunting and the bear is treed. Another group of hunters lead their dogs in and kill the bear you treed and then claim that their dogs ere there first

Comment

Bass fishing from a boat withing 50 yards of the bank and the a$$hole on the jet ski decides to go between you and the bank. They don't know how lucky they are that I'm fishing and have a rod in my hand instead of hunting with a shotgun in hand.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have heard certain powder kernel shapes are more abrasive than others on the rifling. Maybe that kind should be used to keep the carbon from forming....
                                Today, 02:24 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Pighunter: Someone on here some years back made a big deal about being Jewish and not caring for Christian morality shoved in his face. I couldn't remember...
                                Today, 02:22 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                I haven't tried the 6.5 Grendel PH. It is a pretty powerful close range cartridge for its size but it isn't fast enough with those heavier bullets to...
                                Today, 02:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X