Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The shooting gun club that I belong to made custom new shooting targets. Each target has a different photo of a killer. Adam La

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shooting gun club that I belong to made custom new shooting targets. Each target has a different photo of a killer. Adam La

The shooting gun club that I belong to made custom new shooting targets. Each target has a different photo of a killer. Adam Lanza Newtown killer target, Jared Lee Loughner Tucson Arizona killer target, and James Holmes movie theater Killer in Aurora, Colorado target. Each target has the small ten circles and larger circles with less points going outward. Some members like shooting at those targets, instead of the original red bull eye target. The club President stated that these killers have caused all the grief to firearm owners in this country, today. What do you think of these targets?

Much better than the zombie targets I've been seeing for sale in gun shops in my area. They became popular after Osama Bin Laden was taken out.

Comment

They caused the Obama administration to cause gun owners so much grief. So yes, they in part have caused some grief but with someone other than our current president in charge I think much less blame would be put on the guns and more on the real problem with mental health. As for the targets, a little strange but whatever floats your boat I guess. I'd prefer to shoot the regular target.

Comment

Being a personal type question, I'd say "NO".

Too many of these people are seeking notoriety.
        We should always remember the acts! The perpetrators names need to be fed to the shredders" of history!
        Columbine, Newtown, Aurora....
        The location is quite sufficient to recall the event.

How about a plain 18x18 target with 1" grid! Nice! Simple! No gore!!

Comment

Bad idea. Bad publicity if it gets out... like posting it on here.

Comment

I agree. That club president has no taste or self-respect.

Comment

childish.

Comment

Bubba, The media already has given the killers plenty of notoriety. Just look on the internet. If those targets were photos of Adolph Hitler or Bin Laden would that also be given them notoriety and recognition? I bet if you showed those photo targets to Sportsmen across this country, most wouldn’t even know who they were.

Comment

Im going to agree with Bubba, Gary D- i understand what youre saying, but regardless of the everybodys doing it theory, they dont deserve any of the notoriety they have recieved thus far. I would venture to say that if the punks themselves knew, they would be thrilled to know that they made people mad enough to put them on targets. As for childish, tastless or bad publicity, I say what the freak shooters did was much more childish, tastless, or horrible P-R than making a target.

Comment

Gary they are in poor taste,we are already portrayed as blood thirsty wantobe gun slingers just waiting to use our fire power!I would resign from this gun club if they didn't come down.JMO

Comment

The zombie targets are selling like hot cakes. Some guys shoot at beer bottles or tin cans. I rather shoot the eyes out of those scum bag killers. Shooting is a lot of fun and shooting at those killer targets could add to someone enjoyment. God bless if that the case.

Comment

Pretending to shoot people is creepy and/or childish. Putting up pictures of murderers to shoot is dumb. It is a free country so they can do what they want but guns are not toys and shooting is not a game.

Comment

Hobob, Police shoot at a black and white target of a criminal, who is pointing a gun at them. Criminals are people, so are the police across this country creepy and childish?

Comment

Gary D- It is their job to train to apprehend the enemy at the time, and sometimes that leads to shooting. They are paid to do that. I am fully for personal defense, and the 2nd amendment, and if the case arises, we should be ready and willing to defend ourselves. However I do not think that shooting at a target with a known criminal is the way to do that.
                            I see this as loosely connected to how the Samurai would train. They would take prisoners sentenced to death, and hack them to pieces to desensitize themselves to killing.
                            I would not shoot at the targets to say the least.

Comment

Not to mention that the Newtown shooter was a mentally ill child. If you get your kicks from shooting images of that then you have some issues of your own.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad