Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a question for those of you who live in Wyoming. What is the wheather like in Wyoming during each season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a question for those of you who live in Wyoming. What is the wheather like in Wyoming during each season?

Here is a question for those of you who live in Wyoming. What is the wheather like in Wyoming during each season?

I've been out of Wyoming for two years, but I lived up there for 15 plus years and started hunting up there.

I only saw it snow on opening day of deer/elk season (usually Oct 1) once or twice. However, we did take the whole family up for deer camp, one year, and it started to snow in the middle of the week. We didn't have a 4-wheel drive vehicle, so we beat a hasty retreat.

Antelope season starts in the last third of the month of September, and the weather is still pretty mild. The last time that I was able to get an antelope, my son got his at around 9:00 AM and we were still wearing jackets. I got mine around 10:00 AM and we were down to t-shirts. For several years before we left Wyoming, it was too warm to hang our antelope for any length of time in a shed or garage.

Bow season starts in mid- to late-August, and you can hunt in a good shirt.

Weather in the Rockies is sketchy at best, and you can't trust the forecast for any length of time. In our neck of the woods, it snowed in Rawlins and Casper, but it was bright and clear in Laramie - or it has also happened the other way around. The Rockies plays havoc with the Jet Stream.

The one thing that you can count on is the wind. It is never less than 30 miles per hour, and it shuts down traffic on I-80 when the gusts hit 55 mph. And it blows every day of the year. Calm days are a rare thing, but most common in August or September.

Comment

Summer: Warm and windy. Winter: Cold and windy. Spring and fall: A mix of warm and cold (and windy). Higher elevation equals colder temperatures in any season. (I don’t live in Wyo., but I’m close to the state line in Colo.)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
        by PigHunter
        Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
        Today, 06:44 PM
      • How do you fly ?
        by jhjimbo
        Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
        Today, 04:18 PM
      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
        Today, 06:35 PM
      • Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
        08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
        Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X