Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have any gun what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have any gun what would it be?

If you could have any gun what would it be?

My wants change some over time, but right now I want a Sako Hunter in 9.3x62. I think it would be fun to own and hunt elk with a cartridge a little out of the ordinary.

Comment

I would want the actual Winchester Model 1892 that John Wayne used in the filming of True Grit.
      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I would like to have a Sako 85 Deluxe in 300WSM.

Comment

British double rifle 470 NE,never going to happen!

Comment

The half dozen I already own.

Comment

I have what I want, and want what I have... The only reason I would ever purchase a firearm, other than a concealed carry weapon, would be for the psychological factor of owning a gun I bought...

Comment

All That I have(37)Now....need No More!

Comment

Ruger No.1 chambered for Holland's Super .30. (.300 H&H)

H&H SxS 20 ga bored mod/IC, straight English stock, splinter fore end, matte, hand rubbed oil finish and matte bluing. Light fluer-de-lis engraving on the receiver with a fitted,, lined, wooden case and a "leg of mutton" case for field carry.
                  If you're gonna dream, dream big!

...and don't forget the tools and oil pot in the case!

Comment

I have a stable full of Winchester model 70's. I've got a pre-64 30/6 and several .270's. One that I would love to have (probably can't find it or afford it) would be a pre-64 model 70 25/06.

Comment

A pre-64 Model 70 in .375 H&H. ALJoe, you've already got some great rifles! You will have a tough time finding a pre-64 in 25-06 because Remington did not release the first chambering in that cartridge until 1969 and they were the first to do so.

You may find a M-70 with a custom barrel in 25-06 or you may want to put a fine modern barrel on one of your .270s. A pre-64 Model 70 with a fine Krieger barrel chambered in 25-06 would be quite a rifle. Glass/pillar bed it and float the barrel and you will have one of the best rifles in America for everything from long range prairie dogs to Mule Deer.

Comment

Great info DakotaMan. I did not know the origination of the 25-06. Makes since now that I have never actually seen one. I would dearly love to build one though.

Comment

Any of my grandfather's guns, specifically a Springfield and Ithaca SXS 12 gauges, and a .30 caliber Springfield(I think) pump action deer rifle.

Comment

A Kenny Jarrett rifle in 25-06 with suitable glass

Comment

I would want an old m-1 garand

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad