Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To keep with the previous trend. What is the oldest gun you own, that you don't shoot? Mine is the first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rem. model II that my dad got back in the '40s. I killed a gobbler with it ten years ago and it's been in the safe ever since.

Comment

We had supper with my dad, so I asked him if he ever fired that old hammer double of his gradfather's. Yes, he did, said (not in front of my son) father. When my dad was 10, he dug up some old black-powder (paper, of course) round-ball slugs and shot a hole in the garage roof. Who knew dad was a crazy kid?

Comment

ITHACASXS Very good post. But you have to remember in the time of your Father/Grandfather the word child-safe did not exist. My cousins and myself did somethings that the statute of limitations might not have expired yet. I like to call it Culling the Herd.

Comment

I'm very careful (my dad was too with a few lapses) not to speak of past crazy stunts in front of the young folks. I know all to well that: If Dad did it, then I've got to try it too. Such is the immature noggin.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad