Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To keep with the previous trend. What is the oldest gun you own, that you don't shoot? Mine is the first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To keep with the previous trend. What is the oldest gun you own, that you don't shoot? Mine is the first post.

To keep with the previous trend. What is the oldest gun you own, that you don't shoot? Mine is the first post.

I own a flintlock pistol [1811 on the Miquel lock plate]. With a crest of the Hapsberg Empire on the handle.

Comment

I have an old Browning A5 Shotgun that is the oldest shotgun I own. the oldest rifle, I am not sure how to check the age but I have a 30-40 Kraig, and a couple old German Mausers that my Grandfather picked up in WWII. Again I am not sure which is older but both are really cool, functional guns. I also have an old Trap door 45/70 that is not functional but has a cool story behind it.

Comment

Is that anything like the Habsburg empire?

Comment

WAM Why yes it is. Thank you for the spell check +1

Comment

I have a flintlock rifle that was made in 1776 that has a lot of history behind it that has been passed down through the family and luckily has stayed intact and great condition.

Comment

I have pistol my grandfather brought back from WWII.

Comment

My great-grandfather's beat-up Italian-made (an obscure brand) double. It has exposed hammers, a straight stock and damascus barrels. In true european fashion, it was made for a sling. It was headed for the trash. I really believe it was my great-great's gun, because the great mostly used a Parker his son had bought for him. Despite the many pheasants in NY at the time; the old timers really loved shooting rabbits the most.

Comment

IND_NRA, interesting indeed!

The "oldest" I have is my dbl gun given to me by a great uncle. I have some other pieces that are pretty old. Believe it was built in the 30's.

Comment

I have an Astra pistol that I believe is pre WW II that I have never shot, only because I'm not sure if it's safe. My oldest rifle is from 1952 but I shoot it quite often.

Comment

I have an old flintlock date unknown and Parker with damascus barrels.

Comment

Black powder cartridge 22 my grandfather carried when he carried the payroll in early 1900’s.

Comment

The oldest gun we own is a jc higgens model 60 shotgun. It is about 60 years old. We do still shoot it, but it had feeding issues.

Comment

A Colt Police Positive Special revolver made in 1918, the same year as my Springfield custom sporter.

Comment

German Lugar made in 1918.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad