Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To keep with the trend I've started, what is the best gun in your mind that you have ever shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To keep with the trend I've started, what is the best gun in your mind that you have ever shot?

To keep with the trend I've started, what is the best gun in your mind that you have ever shot?

The Remington 870 is what I consider my best all around firearm. It's neither flashy nor expensive but it darn sure gets the job done from birds to big game.
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I read all the answer to my questions, I don't want anybody thinking that they are writing answers to questions I asked and that I'm not reading them.

Comment

Best meaning $$ value?
        Steyr Mannlicher professional, left hand, 30-06,24" barrel, double set triggers with swarovski 2.5x10 scope(30mm) in steyr mannlicher quick detachable mounts.
        Sold it, too nice to knock around in the woods the way i hunt.

Comment

Correction Steyr Mannlicher was a model M

Comment

I once owned a 1956 Model Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle chambered in 7x57mm Mauser. I loved that smooth action with rotary magazine, the butterknife bolt handle and double set triggers. The full-length stock was a thing of beauty.

Comment

By best do you mean most accurate, most expensive, best looking etc? My most accurate was an ugly mutt by Seely Masker in 300 Win Mag, until I pretty we'll wore it out. Best looking, a 416 Rigby by John Bolliger. Favorite,another 416 by Griffin & Howe...and the beat goes on.. Oh yeah,then there is...

Comment

How do you answer this question,its like asking what the best looking women I ever seen?

Comment

Best for me is a 1952 Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle chambered in 30-06, the action will close itself if you hold the trigger down, rotary magazine, butterknife bolt handle and double set triggers and iron sights. My Dad left it to me so I will never sell it. I still shoot it quite often, it is death itself on hogs.
                  99explorer,
                  You have excellent tast in rifles:-D).

Comment

Friend of mine has a Colt Python that obviously had substantial attention paid to it in the custom shop. I have never fired a smother operating double action revolver. Effortlessly smooth.

Comment

I own some great guns. But, I have a hunting buddy that owns a Sako 7mag (I can't think of the model). It is a sweet shooter and probably the best I've shot. It makes him want to cry when I outshoot him with his own gun.

Comment

The best rifle is a Winchester 94 25/35 my grandfather gave my uncle when he turned sixteen, which my dear uncle gave to me. It's a light bullet, but very accurate. Best shotgun? I's a tie between my father's High-grade Ithaca double and my grandfather's L.C. Smith which both were given to me. As I write this, I still can hardly believe it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad