Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had to defend yourself or your family from somebody by using a firearm? Just wondering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had to defend yourself or your family from somebody by using a firearm? Just wondering.

Have you ever had to defend yourself or your family from somebody by using a firearm? Just wondering.

Yes. Home intrusion in 1988 - intruder was held at gunpoint for Sheriff's deputies, summoned by my wife with a 9-1-1 call, and one of the responding officers commented, "I arrested this guy last month!". The intruder was out on bail for possession of cocaine.
    On another occasion, while exiting a Circle-K convenience store in El Centro (CA) after refueling at a nearby Chevron gas station, I had a problem with local punks, one of whom produced a knife. I produced a .357 Magnum revolver and negotiations ended with their prompt dispersal, but I saved the knife-wielder for last and relieved him of his blade before sending him on his way.

Comment

No, thank God! I do have a CWL and do carry. Just hope I never need it.

Comment

Yes, twice.
        One home invasion at 2 am, about 15 yrs ago. Several shots were fired at him, apperently missing.

Recently, attacked by someone in a drunken stuper. He sobered up quickly when I pulled my pistol. I'm glad I did not have to fire it.

Comment

No, I do have a CCL and carry occasionally but have never had a problem.

Comment

I have a sticker on my front and back door. It states "THE OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY IS ARMED AND THERE IS NOTHING INSIDE WORTH RISKING YOUR LIFE FOR". Below the words shows a side view photo of a handgun.
            If I removed those warning stickers and put the owner of this property doesn't believe in guns or other weapons for self defense, I would probably be robbed within a year.

Comment

No comment

Comment

I think when wayne LaPiere makes a public appearance he should bring with him some people who have used a firearm to defend themselves and their family from imminent life threatening danger. Testimonials have a lot of impact.
                Maybe that woman recently who retreated to a closet with her kids and then had to shoot the intruder.

Comment

Jhjimbo I think thats a pretty good idea.

Comment

jimbo

Though I agree, I think it's best to let that dog lie. I figure the "gun grabbers" would just "victimize" the intruder to make him/her just another senseless killing/shooting.
                    Remember, those people are firm believers in 9-1-1 "Dial-A-Prayer"! and only cops/soldiers should have guns.

Comment

Bubba you are probably right. But that is what is already being done. When gun deaths are reported, no distinction is made by news agencys or gov reports, between defenceive killings and homicides. and noone reports crimes that did not happen because it was stopped by someone with a gun.

Comment

That's our "reliable" MSM! (main [lame?] stream media) Like the Oregon mall shooter stopped by an armed citizen. Only a brief mention. Mostly how many died, what kind of gun he had and his mental profile!
                        A foreign national on a student visa was shooting (no fatalities!) on a college campus. When confronted by armed (3 I think) criminal justice students, gave up immediately. Never made the Nat'l news!
                        ....and people say our media isn't biased! Yeah! Right!

Comment

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I have needed one and not had it; a sad situation all the way around. Two bad guys robbed and car jacked me with a sawed off shotgun! By the grace of GOD I'm here to talk about it! I bought my first hand gun after that incident!

Comment

Only a couple of times in three years while on duty as a military policeman.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad