Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Describe the best hunting or fishing trip you ever went on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Describe the best hunting or fishing trip you ever went on.

Describe the best hunting or fishing trip you ever went on.

The best hunting trip that I have ever been on was a 10 day hunt in British Columbia for black bear, whitetail deer, mule deer and elk. Other than the 2 shots that I shot on the rnage to see if the airlines knocked my scope off I never fired a shot. People don't understand it but it was one of the best trips that I have ever been on. Wonderful scenery, beautiful animals, and just a wonderful time with friends.

Comment

Sarge you hit the nail on the head

Comment

Best hunting trip.
        Last dove hunt with my dad. I had reblued and refinished his M12 Win for his birthday. Weather had pushed birds into the area we were hunting! It was literally a "point & shoot" hunt! The birds were so thick we literally stood out in the open with pump guns and never loaded more than 1 round at a time!
        Point.
        Shoot.
        Pick up bird and reload or reload and select next target!
        It was AWESOME!

Best fishing trip.
        Aug 14, 2012. Kodiak Island, Alaska. Chiniak Bay.
        Trolling for salmon in 8 foot seas!
        Twelve kings, 30 to 40 pounds! Eleven silvers! All in less than two hours!
        AWESOME!
        Next best fishing trip was when I finally got my wife hooked on crappie fishing!
        It got to where "I" didn't want to go fishing!
        Best stringer. Twenty four slabs. Ten in the 15" range!
        AWESOME!
        I would be remiss to nit mention the first time I worm fished for bass with Vonzo! May he rest in peace.

Comment

Best fishing trip. I used to work summers as a guide in a remote lodge in Unalakleet, Alaska. This particular year I had gotten my brother a job up there as well. On the first week that the lodge was open my dad and his cousin Jerry came up. It was great. My pop landed the first king of the year and Jerry the second. It was sweet. Later on that season I guided Larry Csonka and his wife for their show North to Alaska (back when it was sponsored by Stihl) and Larry gave me a great autographed picture for my dad. I wouldn't trade that week with dad and my brother.

Comment

Best hunting trip was a 16 day unguided hunt in remote Alaska near Lake Clark. I was a camera man not a hunter, but the trip was incredible. The hunters took 2 bulls, a black bear and 2 wolves and I got it all on film. Rained like crazy and we had a bear in camp, could not have gone better.

Comment

The best fishing trip I've been on was two summers ago at our camp in Ontario. We could have limited each night in Walleye at any spot on the lake. We only kept what we could eat and then spent hours catching and releasing. One night we only caught 2 walleye, but one was an 8 pounder and one was 5 pounds. My wife caught her first big walleye (8lbs) and now really enjoys the experience.

Comment

Best fishing trip by far was in 2011. I helped my son(now 30) fight and land the only musky either of us had ever seen on 10 lb. line while fishing for bass. I knew he planned on mounting it, but was speechless when he surprised me with a fiberglass replica for Christmas.

Comment

Fishing for Kings in Lake Ontario with my Father and Brothers. My Father was in his seventies at the time, and he caught the biggest salmon. While my Father was battling his salmon my older brother had a hold on to the back of his belt, so he didn't fall over board.
                  My best hunting trips were both in 1984, when I took my first bull elk with a bow and arrow in Oak Creek, Colorado. Two months later, I tracked my biggest Maine buck in six inches of snow, and had to drag him over two miles back to the truck.

Comment

Mr. Devine, if you are talking about dragging a buck two miles, up off the north west corner of moosehead lake, you had your work cut out for you. There isnt much flat ground up there and what you do find that is flat is generally very wet. I would have love to have shared the hunt with you, but was two years from a dream in 84'.

Comment

Colorado elk hunt with my son three years ago.

Comment

PHW, I was hunting north of Moosehead Lake near Golden Road. I took my buck on Green Mountain. Maine is loaded with dead fall on the ground. I was told a certain worm kills the trees up there. As the crow flies it was two mile drag but I must of dragged that monster at least three miles, going around all the deadfall. The Charlie Horses and cramps were stabbing me inside my legs all night long while in bed. The pain was horrible.

Comment

Best fishing trips that I remember were with my dad when he was showing my girls how to fish. It may have only been on a small pond but the joy of watching him interact with the girls was priceless. Dad passed in 2006. What I wouldn't give for just one more trip with him, even if we didn't catch a thing.

Comment

Best fishing trip... northern Manitoba fishing for world record northerns. Didn't get a record but my buddy and I each cause at least 1,000 northerns over 20 pounds. Constant action, beautiful country, beautiful wild life (except for our wolf attack) and we did each catch northerns very near the world record.

Hunting... so many great ones. I think it would have to be an antelope hunt a few years ago with three of my brothers and two great cousins. We spent a week sneaking up on antelope and chatting about old times. Lots of shooting, more beautiful country and great time with loved ones reliving old memories and making new ones.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad