Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Descibe the worst hunting or fishing trip you ever went on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now with no hunting and only a bit of ice fishing going on, not even the worst hunting or fishing stories seem too bad.

Comment

WAM,
      He was six feet two, weighed about two twenty and was an ex professional wrestler. I left him to his fighting skills , and took my five eight one hundred thirty pounds , good looks and elk hunting talents someplace where they were appreciated.. Kindest Regards

Comment

Picture a persistent monsoon rain, a hunter soaked to the skin in Oregon's Tillamook National Forest, and temperatures just above freezing. I am convinced that a corner of Hades is cold and wet.

Comment

Happy,

I hear you! From what you describe, he was just about ripe whoopin' size! LOL Not that I advocate violence or anything like that. ;0)

Comment

Happy and WAM - Discretion is the better part of valor.

Comment

There was a legendary female mule skinner In early days Montana. Rumor had it when she was in training at a local bar she could whip any two loggers or wild bull riders in the establishment . One time we were adjusting pack saddles on top of Sheep Creek Pass for the journey down into Hells Roaring Creek, when out of the snow and fog came Big Mary with a string of mules heading the other way. I shouted at her, "the weather to bad for you?" No, she replied, "I ran out toilet paper and whiskey, I can do without the toilet paper", then she disappeared down the trail into the s ow storm.

Comment

I drove 1 1/2 hours to a very nice river in colorado. I started to rig my fly rod and I realized I had forgot my reel. I drove all the way home to get it and then back out to the river. Once one the water I caught a fish on the very first cast and then not even a bite the rest of the 4 or so hours I was on the river. Needless to say, I was not very happy with the way the day turned out.

Comment

I might have to change my name to from lostlure to "MissingReel"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to AR10's or AR15's
                    by fitch270
                    Just me being a goof, figured if the Savage shot rings around the AR you could say it shot Minute Of AR. Seemed funnier in my head....
                    Today, 10:42 PM
                  • AR10's or AR15's
                    by FirstBubba
                    Which is safer?

Today, 06:18 PM
                  • Reply to Worked at the bench
                    by jhjimbo
                    If I go to NY it is short notice depending on forecast. I meet up with my hunting buddy and we both go to the friend who is the NY guide. Sometimes...
                    Today, 10:42 PM
                  • Worked at the bench
                    by jhjimbo
                    Rain and wind kept me in so I preped .300Wby and .340Wby brass. Between them I have 85 rounds. Now to decide what load to use? I have .338 in 200, 225,...
                    09-05-2021, 10:40 PM
                  • Reply to AR10's or AR15's
                    by crm3006
                    fitch270-"So does that make the Savage MOAR?"

No, just a bolt action, without a bad reputation from the left-wingnuts!
                    Today, 10:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X