Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did my taxes last night...that was through disappointment. Anybody get enough of a refund to actually buy something of value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my taxes last night...that was through disappointment. Anybody get enough of a refund to actually buy something of value?

Did my taxes last night...that was through disappointment. Anybody get enough of a refund to actually buy something of value?

*Thorough disappointment...sorry :-)

Comment

Just about done. Was it more disappointing than last years?

Comment

i like to break even, means i didn't give the gov a free loan.

Comment

I'm getting $2000 back! I bought a CVA optima muzzleloader and re-newing the lease on my hunting property

Comment

While it seems nice to get a tax refund, the reality is you're giving extra money to the government to use interest free until they give you your refund. A zero refund or even owing a little is best . I try to figure out withholding to keep the most in my pocket and the least in Uncle Sam's.

Comment

Due to last year's birthday, my tax "liability" changed.
              Refund was nice, just didn't last long enough. At this point, income taxes are February "mad" money. Kind of an impromptu savings account.

Comment

I didn't pay any taxes last year and doubt I'll be paying any this year. My financial situation is very unusual (to say the least) and though I am extremely well off, my income is below the poverty line. And no, I don't sell drugs or launder money.

Bioguy, don't lament the meager refund. Just means the government didn't use your money interest free all year. Makes more sense to claim as few exemptions as possible on W-2 and have the bank automatically take out and hold your tax money every payday rather than the government. Pay the govts what you owe them at the end of the year and pocket the interest.

Comment

It is nice to owe at tax time indicating that the government did not take money out of your pay check for them to use interest free all year.

Comment

Sorry, that should read W-4 not W-2.

Comment

OH- did you mean to say anymore? You don't sell drugs or launder money any more?

Comment

I am self employed. Tax season is a sad time for a lobsterman, sometimes to the tune of nearly 20,000 dollars. Can't buy a new boat every year I guess...

Comment

It's nice to get any refund, rather than owe the government money. It is a forced saving.
                          Still, the penalty for underpayment is not very severe, about 2% if you pay on or before April 15th.

Comment

Same here P.H.W yhis is a bad time of year for self employed.

Comment

Sorry this not yhis see just the thought has me yammering!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad