Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one the most unexplainable thing to happen to you while hunting? It could be strange lights or just something plain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the one the most unexplainable thing to happen to you while hunting? It could be strange lights or just something plain

What is the one the most unexplainable thing to happen to you while hunting? It could be strange lights or just something plain weird.

Once while hunting in Canada, I returned to camp for a lunch break, and a whiskey jay flew down and snapped a piece of a sandwich out of my hand.

Comment

I missed!

Comment

Obama getting re-elected.

Comment

One day i was squirrel hunting when i heard a very loud buzzer/bullhorn sound (that scared me to death) and a heard of deer ran past me. I had no idea what happened and where that sound came from..

Comment

Sitting in a hang-on stand on the side of a very steep hill, watching a bear bait, when a chopper hovered down to what seemed like eye level with me (which I'm sure it was not) needless to say that ended the hunt. When I walked the nearly two miles back to the truck, the state troopers where there waiting to ask some questions about some marijuana plants a few hundred acres away. I was almost 4 hrs from home and they ruined my hunt. I guess they were only doing their job, but it certainly wasn't the average day in the woods.

Comment

Driving home from work I decided to stop and see how my sons faired deer hunting that afternoon. As I drove down the stretch of road a doe ran in front of me and I hit her! She went spinning got up and ran to the next field. At thier truck they told me my oldest son shot at this deer and it ran up the hill into the path of a truck and they heard a loud boom!I told them that truck was me and they haven't let me forget it since! We all saw that doe several times that season she was pretty rattled, but alive!

Comment

About a mile from camp i found a rifle in a case leaning up against a tree. You could tell it had been there a long, long time because the case fell apart when touched and opened but the rifle was in excellent condition.

Comment

Jhjimbo- how far off the beaten path was camp?

Comment

Camp was remote and accessible only by 4x4. Maybe 10 miles from a gravel road.

Comment

Neat story, made me curious, thanks.

Comment

me and my buddy were huting and set up a camp and as we were packing our stuff somthing started screaming for like 30 minuites. never figured out what is was

Comment

This is kinda just a stupid thing, which cost me some of my hearing. I was guiding Elk in SW, Colorado and my hunter was some dude with a 338 w/muzzle break. We were watching a small herd coming across a mountain face at 600 yards. I was off to the side of him glassing for a legal bull. What I didn't know was that he had put his gun up on his sticks and was watching through the scope, the end of the barrel about a foot from my head. It was about then that he decided to pretend shoot a spike, only his safety was off. I swear I still hear ringing in my right ear 10 years later. Believe it or not he dumped the spike (illegal) and I flipped out on him. Bad day all around and fish and game eventually had their say as well.

Comment

As far as what you might have heard Andrew, it might have been a porcupine. They make some screams that sound like a baby being tortured....awful sounding stuff...and actually mating calls.

But, on a dark night, in a dark, isolated spot...makes you wonder if...

Comment

I saw the flash and heard the boom of a meteor breaking apart overhead while hiking back to the car from an evening of fishing. Not to be confused with recent events - this was about 6 months ago.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad