Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Father Tony Karling enjoyed hunting big-game for several years, and read various hunting magazines. Sadly, he passed away i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Father Tony Karling enjoyed hunting big-game for several years, and read various hunting magazines. Sadly, he passed away i

Our Father Tony Karling enjoyed hunting big-game for several years, and read various hunting magazines. Sadly, he passed away in Nov 2008. He collected numerous heads from his hunting days, including one of each: blackbuck, scimitar horned oryx, elk, fallow, pronghorn, boar, etc. The heads are professionally taxidermied. My brother and I are the next of kin and plan to sell these heads, as we cannot keep most of them. Can you please offer some guidance to us in selling the heads? Any information would be helpful, including where might be a good place to post an announcement, a recommended selling price per head, what information a buyer wants to know about the head, etc. I appreciate your help. Thank you! Best wishes, Ann-Kristin (daughter) Erik (son)

Ann,
    My sympathy, I have no idea but to tell you those mounts are valuable. Keep in dry storage until you receive good information. Best of luck.

Comment

You could check with some of the bigger retailers (Cabelas, Bass Pro shops) but I have heard they don't pay well. Generally, I don't think these go for nearly what was put into them as I have seen several sold at estate auction. You may also want to contact any local hunting outfitters or even throw it up on Craig's list in you area- thats free and local people could come pick up to avoid shipping.

Comment

THESE ARE BOTH GOOD ANSWERS.YOU CAN TRY AFRICAN MOUNTS. ON EBAY.IM SORRY YOUR LOSS.

Comment

It depends on how much they are going for but i'd like a couple

Comment

It took me a while to reply to your posted messages. If you are interested in the mounts, please send me an email at [email protected]

Thank you,
            Ann

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words! I appreciate it your thoughts.
              Ann

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                by jhjimbo
                What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                Today, 01:16 PM
              • Another New Upper
                by DakotaMan
                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                Today, 12:54 PM
              • Reply to Another New Upper
                by FirstBubba
                Smooth lookin' AR D'Man!
                Let us know how it shoots. 😃!
                Today, 01:12 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not...
                Today, 01:11 PM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X