Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good pesticide to spray on interior carpeting for ticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good pesticide to spray on interior carpeting for ticks?

What is a good pesticide to spray on interior carpeting for ticks?

#1 Burn the house down...just kidding

Get you "Home Defense MAX" by Ortho at Home Depo,ACE is the Place,Wal*Mart.
    If its a small carpet take it out side and Spray it down or you can spray the the hole house its pet friendly. Hey 99 keep your bird dogs out of the pines..Lol Good Luck.

Comment

Better than chemicals, use DE. Diatomaceous Earth. It's a natural substance, no chemical odor or residue. As long as DE is in the carpet, it works.

Comment

Not exactly advice, but a weird occurrence. My father is a builder up here in Maine, one spring while building a house, a local concrete company came in and poured the garage floor. To keep my fathers crew, and the home owners off of the curing concrete, I put a strip of duct tape in each door bay, on the floor, and noted with a sharpie on the tape that the floor wasn't cured. After two or three days I went to peel up the duct tape and between it and the concrete there were literally hundreds of ticks, they must have been attracted to the warm, moist, dark area I had created. Pretty weird, and gross, but a tick killer non the less. I balled the tape up and threw it in the fireplace.

Comment

Not exactly advice, but a weird occurrence. My father is a builder up here in Maine, one spring while building a house, a local concrete company came in and poured the garage floor. To keep my fathers crew, and the home owners off of the curing concrete, I put a strip of duct tape in each door bay, on the floor, and noted with a sharpie on the tape that the floor wasn't cured. After two or three days I went to peel up the duct tape and between it and the concrete there were literally hundreds of ticks, they must have been attracted to the warm, moist, dark area I had created. Pretty weird, and gross, but a tick killer non the less. I balled the tape up and threw it in the fireplace.

Comment

I used Duranon or Permonone tick spray. After you
            spray, if do you find a tick he is dead tick. It has "Deet" inside it, and it kills ticks instantly. I use it on my spring and early fall hunting clothes. Don't spray it on your skin, per to the directions. Good Luck!

Comment

Gary I think you mean permethrin. It kills ticks but DEET just makes them hungry

Comment

chuckles, Permethron is a good one. Repel makes Permanone tick spray. Duranon is my favorite.

Explorer, all three sprays are deadly for ticks. Get whatever is on sale. I buy a case of 12 cans of Duranon. It's even cheaper, yet. I then divided the cost and spray cans between six friends or family members. Six sportsmen two cans a piece.

Comment

Probably not a great idea to spray pesticides in your house. DE works. You can sprinkle it on your dogs food too and it kills worms and parasites internally. Used to use in on our dairy cows.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad