Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a Browning BPS 12 gauge 28" shotgun with the Invector Plus choke system. The gun club I belong to only allows slug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a Browning BPS 12 gauge 28" shotgun with the Invector Plus choke system. The gun club I belong to only allows slug

I just bought a Browning BPS 12 gauge 28" shotgun with the Invector Plus choke system. The gun club I belong to only allows slugs to be fired from shotguns on the rifle range. Any thoughts out there on the correct choke for firing slugs and any recommendations on affordable slugs for target practice only?

Browning makes a rifled extended choke for a smooth bore barrel. It is about 5" long.
    I have one and shoot Winchester 3" sabot slugs. Excellent accuracy to over 100yds.

Comment

Improved cylinder or cylinder work the best for foster style slugs.

Comment

I have a BPS, I use an improved cylinder choke, and Remington rifled slugs. It's. Accurate enough for deer at 50 yards. I just got Breiley rifled choke tube, but haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Comment

Meijer has a 15 pack of Winchester 2 3/4 inch rifled slugs for about $11.

Comment

JMO~~ Get you a REAL Slug Barrel with sights for your Browning Pump. Its 18.1/2" Imp/Cyl Chock With a Removable Scope Rail or Not. I use Remington CopperSolid 1oz/Hollow point SAOBT slugs a box of 5 $8.79 They are a One Shot Stop at 75Yd.

Comment

gio
              I will put a picture up of my 100 yd target from my Browning BPS with Winchester 3" sabots. Check it on my profile jhjimbo.

Comment

If you plan on shooting rifled slugs Improve Cyl or open. If you intend on shooting sabots or full bore slugs get yourself a rifled choke tube or rifled barrel. Cost would be considered. the choke tubes are around $25 the barrel is around $200, your choice of course. Any way you look at it though, the rifled barrel and ammo will be expensive in the begining and the total cost. $5.00 box of rifled slugs. $15 and up for sabots.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad