Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What company makes better scopes Simmons or Bushnell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What company makes better scopes Simmons or Bushnell?

What company makes better scopes Simmons or Bushnell?

bushnell

Comment

bushnell by a long margin. The Elite series is very good. but once they left Japan quality went with them.Simmons hasn't been a very good quality scope for some time now. Barska and Tasco are better quality then Simmons

Comment

Neither make a great scope, but bushnell is the better of the two. I recommend a Nikon Prostaff if you're looking to purchase a scope. Those who cheap out on optics almost always regret it!

Comment

I agree nikon prostaff great scope for the money also redfield.

Comment

I like my Redfield.

Comment

If it says China on it, it is junk. The Elite 6200 is a good scope. Some of the older Bushnell scopes are OK, but the only cheap scope I would buy is a Burris Fullfield II or Sightron S-II. Like Bioguy said, most cheap scopes and other optics are soon regretted and replaced. So why buy a cheap scope, then replace it with a better scope? Take the sum total and buy a decent scope on day one.

Comment

Leupold or nikon usually make it on my rifles. I would probably pass on Simmons or bushell unless it came on a gun. But that's just my .02$

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that Simmons scopes are the very worst scope that you can buy. When I was young, I went thru 3 simmons scopes in one season on a muzzleloader. the last time cost me the entire season. I haven't bought anything but leupold ever since and have never had one problem. Simmons are POS junk!!!!

Comment

They are about the same in my experience. I would limit the use of the lower priced ones to light caliber like .22lr, .22mag and the .17's.

Comment

Bushnell is better than Simmons. Both are considered low end scopes though. The Bushnell Elite series are very acceptable for deer hunting and their higher magnification scopes are very acceptable for varmint hunting. I even use a Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical for long range varmint and antelope hunting. It has great features for the money but it is lacking in clarity and just a little bit in accuracy over higher end scopes. I would not recommend it nowadays though because there are better scopes for the money and its lack of a turret lock can kill a great hunt if you bump the turrets. I have to tape mine down and even then, they can move.

Consider a Vortex Diamondback in the $200 range or even better if you can afford it, a Vortex Viper. You will get more value for your dollar than with just about any other scope. You can't miss with Leupold VXII and above and will always be happy you have one if you shoot seriously.

Comment

Bushnell is the best of the two, but Nikon is probably the best.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad