Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At one time I figured to have shot about 70 turkeys. however I sat down and mentally went over every farm and place I've hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beekeeper,

Sorry to hear about the bad season. Our weather has been so wet the farmers can't work the fields. Haven't seen any corn or beans planted yet. It is supposed to rain again later today and tomorrow.
    Billy called a little while ago to brag, haha. I had a hand in creating this monster. We was duck hunting buddies in the 90's and one day I said you should go turkey hunting with me. Well on day one he killed 2 jakes with one shot 15 minutes after we left the truck. The next year he wanted to teach me how to hunt turkey. He still has and uses only 1 call a lynch grand champion box. Billy is rapidly catching up with me. He took a 23 lb gobbler with 1 3/8 inch spurs this morning in Iowa. That makes 5 longbeards this year. Two in Iowa, 2 in MO and 1 in KS and he has 2 more weeks to hunt that last bird in Kansas.

Happy,

We can fix that if you want to give it a try. Wouldn't be a problem to fix you up with a place to hunt. My guiding comes free of charge. Heck I've been trying to lure Beekeeper out here to teach me how to really serenade the birds with a call. My screeching only works every now and then. WOW must have been nice to meet ol' Ben Rogers lee and Neil Cost Something told me this guy really knew his stuff. If you need me I'll be under the porch practi-err training yeah that's it training with my box calls.

Comment

Forgot to mention I stopped shooting jakes and hens a few years ago. Let 2 gobblers and 7 jakes walk away before shooting Obama.

Comment

8 gobblers with a gun
        5 turkey with a bow. 3 gobblers/ 2 hens

All Easterns

Comment

i have yet to kill a turkey, but I hope to kill one with my bow this year.

Comment

Del,

I'd love to go just tell me when and where.

Sorry for the tardy response. I had to chair an annual meeting yesterday, so didn't check my computer until this morning

Comment

Great story Beekeeper!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad