Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most bizzare, weird or strange thing to happen to you on a hunting trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most bizzare, weird or strange thing to happen to you on a hunting trip?

What is the most bizzare, weird or strange thing to happen to you on a hunting trip?

Kinda funny how questions like this keep popping up. Probably accidentally sneaking up on a skunk. I didn't get sprayed, but it hissed at me. I also almost had couple of foxes run into me.

Comment

Once in the early morn I had a fisher climb the tree next to mine trying to catch one of the many turkeys roosting there. It was wild to watch. He struck out but the turkeys took on some damage bailing out in the near darkness. It was amazing to see and hear how quickly a fisher can run up a tree. They are awesome animals.

Comment

One time there was this huge raccoon that was stumbling around with foam dripping out of its mouth. It also made these disgusting sounds. I think it was rabid.

Comment

That would be the time the guide put peyote buttons in the stew instead of mushrooms.

Comment

On a guided trip at about 2AM the guys got up one by one to take a pee. Each one, not knowing the others had added wood, put a log in the stove. By the time the fifth guy put one in the whole stove and pipe was cherry red and i thought the tent was going to burn down.

Comment

Had a skunk follow my hunting partner and me last week. We aren't sure if he was following us but it sure seemed that way! He was in front of us and we would walk around him and he would catch back up to us. This went on for a half mile until finally we started running at us and I took him out at 20 yards. Maybe I didn't have to but I'm not risking getting sprayed by one of those nasty things!

Comment

I was in a hunting camp, and another hunter found a Band Aid inside his meat loaf dinner. The Guide's wife said "I was wondering what happen to that band aid on my finger." A lot of meat loaf was wasted that night.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad