Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you are NOT participating in the ammo hoarding exercise going on now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you are NOT participating in the ammo hoarding exercise going on now?

How many of you are NOT participating in the ammo hoarding exercise going on now?

I have built up a supply from previous hoarding exercises and will sit this one out.

Comment

99explorer
      Same thing, i built up for Y2K and have maintained the increased level ever since.

Comment

I am not. I am a poor college student. Just a matter of time before things settle back out.

Comment

I haven't been out to look for any since this mess started, mainly because I currently have enough for my purposes, but I'm glad I'm not in any recreational shooting leagues.

Comment

I have enough for anything less than a disaster.

Comment

Since I reload everything that I shoot I don't buy ammo, I stocked up quite abit on reloading supplies when Obummer got elected the first time and I have kept stocked up pretty well. I let myself get somewhat low on primers and bought the last 800 that were to be had in my small town 3 weeks ago. I'm not dangerously low just like to have more than I do on stock.

Comment

I probably have enough ammo to take out a couple of hundred of whomever or whatever is causing the shooting to start, but I've accumulated it over the years, not from this current panic.

Comment

I usually make a big purchase at the beginning of the year for my shooting needs over the year. .270, .30-06, .40 S&W were easy to find online at Cabelas. The .270 and .30-06 being Rem Cor-Lokts and the .40 being Federal hydrashock. Funny thing is, I couldn't find .30-30, go figure.

Comment

I too load all of my rifle cartridges and have enough to last me my lifetime. I have also have enough powder,primers,bullets,and brass for a second lifetime. Gradually, I hope my son gets into reloading.

Comment

I have enough to last for the foreseeable future but the current silliness is preventing the clearance sales that I typically used to stock up and maintain the inventory. I was going to invest in reloading equipment this year but there has been a run there as well.
                      I was in a Gander Mtn. yesterday and you should have seen the feeding frenzy on the crappy .223 ammo they were selling for top dollar.

Comment

I don't have enough in my bullet/shell stash but who can ever have "enough" bullets?! I'm good to go for a while just as long as I don't unwisely use my rounds. After all of this hoarding stops I'll definitely be stocking up on reloading brass and bullets.

Comment

I reload all my ammo, and have enough components to last a while, but like chuckles said, nothing goes on sale because people are buying as fast as the ammo hits the shelves. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Comment

I buy and have bought a box or four of ammo every time I go to town since I was 18, Being 25 now I am starting to build up quite a stock pile. I also have my reloading stuff so I feel like I am ready for anything. But I will continue to buy ammo as long as it is there to purchase.

Comment

I'm in good shape for my needs. 22 LR would be one type I would buy if I went out to get ammo. But I have enough to last me quite awhile.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad