Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i live in central alabama and all this new wildlife is moving in rather quickly. black bears are being seen on the managment lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i live in central alabama and all this new wildlife is moving in rather quickly. black bears are being seen on the managment lan

i live in central alabama and all this new wildlife is moving in rather quickly. black bears are being seen on the managment land in bibb and shelby county, hogs moving in, some people say that mountain lions dontlive here but they do, they are just few and far between. is anyone else experincing new wildlife moving into their areas?

Here in Maine the new species that the state is recognizing are Lynx, which are introducing themselves by coming down from Canada. I would venture to say that there are a few mountian lion around, as there have been several sightings all over, but the state has yet to admit there here. Also, I would guess that there are a few wolves around, but thats yet to be proven, even in the locals eyes.

Comment

Here in eastern NC it seams like feral hogs are about to take over. It kind of a surprise, you do not hear more about it but many farmers have their hands full with them. Also I understand that the snake head fish is taking up residence here. I have not seen one yet but have heard a few people who say they are coming. I hope something is done about them. The most interesting thing I have seen is the introduction of the lion fish on offshore wrecks in the NC area. Those fish pose a great threat to the native fish species and hope that we can put a stop to them soon. From what I understand they are very good to eat but I am not going to be the one to clean them, I hear it can be a process.

Comment

I know of black bear also moving into St. Clair county. In the past couple of years I've also been noticing a lot more hogs. As far as mountain lions go, there has been a population in Cullman county for a couple of decades despite the denial the state still continues. Also heard of a wolf being trapped where a friend lives, but they think it was just someone's exotic pet.

Comment

Tuna410, do you happen to go tuna fishing?

Comment

Mountain lions are here in northern Missouri and Iowa. DNR and MDC denied it for the longest time but there has been several confirmed sightings in both states now. My grandpa thought he saw a mountain lion durring harvest season this year.

Comment

Bout the same as you, hog, black bear (wish there were more of those), coyotes are increasing, but there have always been coyotes around, several years ago, a panther was seen right across the road from where I go to church.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that our governor is some sort of exotic animal.

Comment

As Ncarl said, in Missouri there have been several mountain lion sightings (and not even in close proximity; spread over a wide area) and the black bear population is increasing as well.

Comment

In Indiana there have been Mountain Lion sightings on trail cams in southern Indiana.

Comment

It's a conspiracy man! But seriously, I know we've had them but I've been seein lots of feral hogs lately, and there have been reports of black bears in my area and around my area. It's strange cause black bears are mostly in the North GA mountains but I guess if they like the Piedmont area I'll hunt em!

Comment

No new wildlife, but the geese no longer migrate like they did when I was younger, so they stay here all winter. Also we have more deer here as the Indian population has stopped hunting as much as they used too so they do not shoot everything in sight.

Comment

In southern Ohio there is the occasional black bear and hog but i would not say they are moving in , yet. In Lake Erie they are trying to keep the Asian Carp out. Do not know if they will be successful.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad