Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was thinking about buying a new bow for deer hunting and thought about the Diamond Razor edge it has a draw weight of 30 to 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about buying a new bow for deer hunting and thought about the Diamond Razor edge it has a draw weight of 30 to 60

I was thinking about buying a new bow for deer hunting and thought about the Diamond Razor edge it has a draw weight of 30 to 60 so i could use it for quite a while without out growing it. but if anybody has any suggestions on what bow to buy please let me know.

You should shoot it before you buy it, but I think it is a very good choice for a bow.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

hjohn is right but, you should shoot several different bows. A good pro shop could help with that. Give Mathews a look. They are outstanding bows only sold in pro-shops.

Comment

mathews is hands down one of theeee best bows made. the mathews reezen and monster xlr8 are the new bow. xlr8 can shoot 360+ fps. that's a serious dual cam. hoyt alpha max.

Comment

it has an advertised draw weight of 30-60. but that doesn't mean you'll get 30-60 in one bow. you get a 30-40 bow. a 40-50. and a 50-60. that's USUALLY how they're sold. correct me if im wrong about this bow though. usually it's a ten pound adjustment.

Comment

I think the razor edge actually adjusts fully from 30-60 pounds. I have also been lookinga t this bow, the Bear Showdown, and the PSE stinger.

Comment

I agree w/ Del in Ks, shoot several @ a pro shop. Ask the pro lots of ?'s too. I did this 2 years ago, and he explained that the Reflex was made by Hoyt, w/ the same cams and materials, just cheaper. I ended up buying a Reflex Growler, and I love it. Fast, quiet, lots of let-off, and I got it fully equipped, w/12 carbon arrows for less than a Mathews/Diamond/Hoyt. If money's no option, then buy whichever shoots best and fits best for you. Good luck!

Comment

If you can shoot 50-60 now you'll never really outgrow it. I shoot mine at 70lbs but if you are shooting 60lbs you can take any deer with it within your range. Look at the hunting shows, most of those women are shooting 50lbs or less. I think Uncle Ted shoots his at 53lbs.

Comment

Agreed with Sharkfin and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad