Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys Im 46yrs old.Im not Stupid but I really cannot comprehend the people that are trying to pass new gun legislation? These peo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys Im 46yrs old.Im not Stupid but I really cannot comprehend the people that are trying to pass new gun legislation? These peo

Guys Im 46yrs old.Im not Stupid but I really cannot comprehend the people that are trying to pass new gun legislation? These people dont know a red ryder bb gun from an AR-15. Please enlighten me how they are qualified to tell me what I should or shouldnt have as far as firearms are concerned? It boggles my mind!

Most people are not qualified, they just jump on the anti's band wagon because they are scared of guns and the people who are sometimes in camo that use them. They buy their groceries in the store. They have no sense of tradition or of any other use for firearms. Couple that with the agenda of several groups to eliminate guns from the USA and you have the current state of affairs. AR type guns are just the starting point - much more in gun control is in the plans.

Comment

GERG, Herman Goering is credited at the Nuremberg trails for saying "But after all, it's the leaders of the country that determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to tell them is that they are being attacked."

So we are told by our leaders that our school children are being attacked and we as a general public are just being dragged along to the bidding of our leaders. The end result is a policy for the leaders to be able to control the firearms which could some day be used in some manor against them.

Comment

GERG, those who have absolutely no ties to firearms react strongly to tragic incidents where famous people or large numbers of innocent bystanders are killed using them. That is because these incidents are sad and if you have a heart you must sympathize. The media fans these flames but very few discuss the value of our individual freedoms.

In America, like no other country on earth, we have wide ranging freedom to do what we want as long as it doesn't hurt others. We can hurt others with our speach, our guns, our writing, our religion or a wide variety of other means. That is why we have a code of laws to govern how we interact as a society while allowing immense individual freedom.

Because of these individual freedoms, American society has advanced at an amazing pace and Americans have enjoyed life and their pursuit of happiness more than any other civilization in history. The media does little to communicate the value of these freedoms (it may sound heartless at times of such trajedy or they may have an adgenda of their own) so it is quite easy for the average person to follow left-wing (i.e. "more caring") leaders without further thinking. History has shown that most constituents in democracies do not think about abridged freedom until it is too late.

History is filled with leaders like Santa's Herman Goering (or his boss) example and Americans must think for themselves because they still OWN the government and we are not magically immune to such leaders ourselves.

Comment

In the administrations eye, guns are freedom. The people in the goverment who want to take away guns want to take them away because they want to take away our freedom. (Just look at the other acts they are trying to pull, AKA, Obamacare.) Citizens agaisnt gun control just believe all this anti-gun crap the government is feeding them. They are all uneducated people.

Comment

What they all have in common is the belief that there is a legislative solution to every problem. Just pass another law, and sooner or later you will get it right.
            Former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani is credited with the drastic reduction in crime by his innovative approach to law enforcement aimed at crime prevention.
            The police became more pro-active, engaged in stop-and-frisk and other policies to deter crime rather than responding to it after the fact.

Comment

"One of the great DELUSIONS in the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
              Thomas B. Reed (1839-1902), Speaker of the House, 51st, 54th and 55th U.S. Congresses, 1886.

Whenever a tragedy strikes in the U.S., especially like "Sandy Hook", the public clamors for "action". Unfortunately, it's driven by "emotion" rather than the level headed ideal that changing laws or improving (?) existing law or enacting new law will cure or reverse the tragedy! Soon, new laws are inked into existance, only to be forgotten or brushed aside (as they prove ineffective!) over time.
              Some here want to assure us you can't "legislate morality"!
              Then why do we have laws against murder, theft, robbery, rape and other crimes? Aren't they "crimes" against "morality"?
              When we allow "emotion" to cloud "reason", we're going to have books of useless, cumbersome, unenforceable, inane laws! (as if we don't already!)
              In Fort Worth, Texas, it's against the law to shoot an Indian (sic) from the back platform of a passenger train! (We can only "presume" it's perfectly legal from a freight train!)

Comment

I haven't heard anyone use the expression "Pork Barrel Politics". That is when you pass a law with additional add on laws. With the latest tragedy AR-15's are a great political sound bit. That being said the add on Law to this bill and what no one mentions is. That it now makes Teachers and Health Care Providers Criminally Liable for not reporting the likes of Hughes and Lanza. At last someone to sue other than the Bedbug.

Comment

Well written guys. I am impressed. Seriously.

Just when I think this site has turned into a collection of thoughtless zombies who parrot what they are told to think, and maybe I am better off not reading, you guys amaze me. There are thinking Americans still out there.

I concur on everything thing here, and want to add; We don’t need less laws, we don’t need more laws. We need better written laws; Laws not designed for government of the highest bidder.

Comment

Those who are so eager to enact ineffective laws are either well-intended and reacting emotionally or they're motivated by political survival instincts and trying to appear proactive to their constituency, but firearms are an arcane subject and (very) few of our legislators are well-versed in the subject. Their ignorance is reflected in their statements, their technical inaccuracies that reflect less than a basic knowledge of the topic. Yet, these people are hastily responding to an issue that affects many of us. As we observe, most are incapable of the required understanding to do a good job of it. There are volumes of unenforceable laws on the books that have accomplished nothing, but we have legislators that cannot discern the difference between an "assault rifle" and "competition rifle", a "varmint rifle" from a "sniper rifle". We cannot legislate intent or morality or motives. I've spent more that 50 years of my life with firearms within my reach, and I marvel that the society in which I grew up has changed so much and our government has adapted so poorly. Express your opinions intelligently and persuasively to your legislators, and be attentive to HOW they vote...because the next vote is yours.

Comment

The progresive liberals ALWAYS know what is better for you!

Comment

They are'nt.No explaination needed.

Comment

There not.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad