Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i recently wasa fishing and found a Shakespeare Cirrus model spinning reel. Any one found similar things while hunting or fishi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i recently wasa fishing and found a Shakespeare Cirrus model spinning reel. Any one found similar things while hunting or fishi

i recently wasa fishing and found a Shakespeare Cirrus model spinning reel. Any one found similar things while hunting or fishing?

Found a sweet Leatherman tool while deer hunting years and years ago. Still have it in my truck, and use it quite often. I know I've unwittingly donated to future hunter's finds.

Comment

was fishing here in town once and found a .38 Colt.

Comment

The classic find on the Roaring Fork was the box of flies someone had left on a rock after retying. The couple of times it happened to me I put an ad in the paper but got no response. At which point I accepted the booty as a gift from the river gods and used them wisely.
        When I used to raft a lot we could always outfit ourselves with paddles dropped by touristas in guided rafts. Of course, after one trip we left 6 paddles at the take out ourselves after a few refreshements well earned after a long day on the river. Easy come easy go.
        I have definitely donated my share of gear to the woods and waters. I only hope someone found it and made good use of it.

Comment

I once found an entire tackle box when I was a boy, I felt bad about taking it, but nobody ever showed up to claim it, and there was no identification inside. I was deer hunting once and found a Mossberg 12 guage laying in the leaves from the previous turkey season, it still had a shell in the chamber but the gun was beginning to rust. I have found plenty of arrows, and once cought cheap fishing outfit in the river. However I too have donated plenty of gear to hopefully deserving sportsmen.
          On a sidenote, idduckhntr: that .38 was probably hot.

Comment

Fishing once and thought I had a big one on the line and ended up reeling up another rod and reel. It was all rusted but it was still pretty cool none-the-less.

Comment

I found a Buck knife that was in perfect condition while deer hunting. Guess what happened the next year...thats right, I donated it back to the woods. Still cant figure that one out. My dad found a really nice leather sling 2 years ago.

Comment

I'm sorry for myself; my life seems so dull. I can't recall ever losing or finding anything worth mentioning at all. Ever. It's probably not worth mentioning it not being worth mentioning... it.

Comment

i have found a few lures lots of rusty hooks and sinkers while fishing but nothing else

Comment

I found a $100.00 bill on the Ground when we start walking back to the truck from fishing that day!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad