Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarge, got a question for you. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    Thanks Sarge, it might be worth asking him exactly how he earned it, usually when the man is gone the history behind the item is gone too. An interesting side note about my grandfather, in 1983 my parents were planning their wedding and the US was planning to invade Grenada, well my grandfather got a letter from the war dept. basically saying "Get your affairs in order, you might ship out." this naturally surprised everyone since he had retired from the army nearly 20 years earlier, but the US was worried about sending inexperienced soldiers to war with no combat experienced leaders. Can you imagine going to war again nearly 20 years after retiring, luckily he wasn't deployed but I wonder how many Vietnam vets were, I would imagine it would be a steep learning curve from Vietnam era war-fighting to modern day war-fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Bronze Stars were awarded for many reasons. They were awarded for meritorious service during a particular battle or operation, or performance far beyond the call of duty , like saving one of your buddies or squads. One of my buddies received one by pulling a pilot from a burning aircraft. I'm sure there are others but you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    Here goes, earlier this week someone asked who all on here served in 'Nam or the sandbox, well my Grandfather served as a Gunny in 'Nam he doesn't talk too much about it but he's not afraid to talk about it, but the only commendation that he earned is a bronze star. Now I have never heard him say how he earned it, or any of the circumstances surrounding it, but my question is what were some of the reasons for men being awarded the bronze star, any examples are appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge, got a question for you. See first post.

Sarge, got a question for you. See first post.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad