Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After seeing the fishing hook clip on my cap, someone recently told me they had always heard that had racist symbolism. I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing the fishing hook clip on my cap, someone recently told me they had always heard that had racist symbolism. I have

After seeing the fishing hook clip on my cap, someone recently told me they had always heard that had racist symbolism. I have NEVER heard that association, but for them, it was not something heard from just one person. Has anyone else ever heard this "symbolism", or is it just something among the clique they used to hand out with?

I have never heard of that either. Other than it's usually a redneck or hillbilly wearing one

Comment

what is it suppose to mean ?

Comment

A lot of the time they were passed out at the "Hooked on Fishing, Not on Drugs" events.

Comment

most likely some ignorant fool just running his mouth, ive never heard of that before.

Comment

That's a new one on me. I don''t believe it.

Comment

At my school everybody wears boots, belt buckles, and camo hats with hooks in them, (some are hook clips, others are real). It is a hobby, not hate. We even have black kids that wear confederate flag buckles. Heritage not hate.

Comment

Never herad that. Don't see the connection either.

Comment

Ive never heard that either

Comment

It's a new one on me that's for sure.

Comment

what is it that it is supose to mean? I have never heard of it and just interested in what it was suppose to mean.

Comment

I posted above that they was passed out at the "Hooked on Fishing , Not on Drugs" events that we have had over the years.

Comment

Some people just associate it with being a redneck/hillbilly/country boy and thus it has to mean the wearer is racist. I have heard it before but it is not just the hook, it is the sterotype of the person wearing it. Ignorant, hiatus like any other sterotype a person labels on another without knowing the person.

Comment

Some people just associate it with being a redneck/hillbilly/country boy and thus it has to mean the wearer is racist. I have heard it before but it is not just the hook, it is the sterotype of the person wearing it. Ignorant, just like any other sterotype a person labels on another without knowing the person.

Comment

Now that's a NEW-ONE on me that for sure..for dang sure!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad