Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hear that the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show has been canceled? I must say that i am sad that it had to happen bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hear that the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show has been canceled? I must say that i am sad that it had to happen bu

Anyone else hear that the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show has been canceled? I must say that i am sad that it had to happen but the line was definitely crossed when they banned the sale and display of "assault weapons" (i hate that term). They lost so many vendors and the boycott was going to bring them little to no audience/money. Thanks. -Jack

that's what I have heard, due to the "assault weapon' [email protected],I think it is a huge mistake, we need to up front and show the novices that we are in the right, that purchasing a modern sporting rifle is a choice that all should be able to make for themselves.

Comment

Yeah it is gone. It hurts us more than helps I think. I'm ticked off because I wanted to continue the tradition with my kids. It wasn't even a gun show but was a family event ruined by extremists. I think we shot ourselves in the foot to prove a point no one cares about or will even notice. Our areas economy will hurt worse than the company who does 500 shoes a year. I hope someone else takes it over. Reed had it for 50 years so I doubt anyone else will want the work or the risk. I hope it comes back next year though.

Comment

Jack you were at the spearhead.

Comment

im glad a lot of the vendors stood up for the second amendment...i dont think it hurts, i wouldnt go to a show that just rolls over and dies to appease the liberal cries for disarmament of the american public. eastern sports show is no better then dicks sporting goods right now, who will no longer receive a dime of business from me due them refusing to sell AR's anymore.

Comment

Maybe I'm reaching a bit too far here but I don't understand the thinking of one who cheerfully parks their sidehammer muzzle loader in favor of a scoped inline, yet condemns the person who wants to lay aside their traditional bolt action in favor of an AR. Isn't it the same concept? As most of you know, I prefer a flintlock and don't care for inlines at all, nor do I have any desire for an AR, but if you want to hunt with either legally and ethically, have at it, we need all the support we can get.

Comment

As much as I hate to see the show cancelled, it sends a very clear message. Sportsmen and gun owners are an economic power to be recognized by big business and the government. This is a powerful $80 million dollar message. It means something.

If everyone who was going to boycott the show made it clear to their elected officials that they are going to vote with the same values in mind in upcoming elections that would strengthen today's message.

(And like scratchgolf, I will never spend another penny at Dicks and made that clear to them by email and calls).

Comment

Hi...

Yes...I know. What a bunch of ignorant wimps...!!

Comment

Great news and I love it! Now the message goes out to all the show Promoters nationwide, "DON'T MESS WITH ARE GUN RIGHTS AND DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT BANNING ANY LEGAL GUNS AT YOUR FUTURE SPORTSMEN SHOW!"

Comment

I guess thats what you get when you have the british run the show. Bet you they won't make that mistake again.
                    Knife Freak

Comment

Hey Jack, Great job!
                      Jolsen said you were the spearhead.
                      Jack I'm confussed, did you start the Show Boycott? LOL

Comment

who's sayin i didnt?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad