Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are there any foresters here? im looking into doing that and im wondering what kind of things do you do, what does it require, p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there any foresters here? im looking into doing that and im wondering what kind of things do you do, what does it require, p

are there any foresters here? im looking into doing that and im wondering what kind of things do you do, what does it require, pay, just general stuff about it. any feedback would be appreshated, thanks, andrew

Hocking College is one place. I'm not recommending it, I just know they have a program. Good luck

Comment

SUNY: ESF in NY and the University of Georgia have great forestry programs. I recommend either of them. Though I am not a forester, I am a wildlife biologist and work closely with foresters...if measuring trees, calculating economic forest value, creating management plans sounds interesting, using heavy machinery, using chain saws, burning stuff, and working outdoors is something you're interested in, then forestry may be for you.

Wood is a versatile material, so there is good job security. As for pay, it is what you make of it. I do recommend that if you pursue a career in forestry that you pursue a Master's degree after your under grad to make yourself more marketable.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
        by 99explorer
        Here is another super-spreader in the works:

Tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts traveled to the Lake of the Ozarks for a bike rally...
        Today, 08:30 PM
      • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
        06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
      • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
        by labrador12
        And you can absolutely guarantee that they picked up the virus in Sturgis? 260 cases out of 500,000 people seems a little low doesn't it? Super spreader...
        Today, 08:25 PM
      • Reply to Rip -rbg
        by 99explorer
        If Trump wins reelection, this country will be divided into red states and blue states, and the people living in the blue states are going to be sorr...
        Today, 08:07 PM
      • Rip -rbg
        by fitch270
        2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
        09-18-2020, 09:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X