Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ironic that today we celebrate the life of one of our greatest civil rights leaders and inaugurate a leader that clearly wan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only do most of y'all vote along party lines, but you thumbs up with them, too, haha. Your line of thought is "Hmmm, this person has no reasoning behind their obviously hypocritical statements, but I'll just thumbs up because I don't possess critical reading skills." This is only to "most" of y'all, because there are a few who this is not true of, and obviously this isn't directed towards them.

Comment

The answer to this debate is in the term "Well regulated militia" and the purpose thereof. Any threat to the security of our free state could be by enemies both foreign and domestic. Either military force is bound to have military style weapons and high capacity magazines. If we can agree that our military men and women deserve to have the very best weapons that can be supplied, then it is not a stretch to understand that any well regulated militia deserves access to the best arms available on the civilian market including semi-auto rifles and high capacity mags.

Comment

I find it ironic they celebrate MLK Day and Robert E. Lee Day the same day. Both men led an army against a superior foe but only one was victorious.

Comment

Thanks Sourdough, for being the person that finally says something that uses logic, although I do not necessarily agree. I understand what your point is, however, I do not believe that an "assault" weapons ban or magazine capacity limit would inhibit a the civilian militia, or whatever you would like to call it. The reason I personally don't support either measures, is because 1994 ban was extremely ineffective at lowering violent crime, and would rather see resources directed in another way to reduce violent crime.

Comment

Sarge01, I guess we can blame the Germans for coining that phrase. Oddly enough, the photos of the SturmGewehr 44's that I've seen have no bayonet lug at all. Crm3006 is correct about the 1934 ban.Many bank guards in Buffalo N.Y. area were issued Thompson sub-machine guns.That, of course changed, but not for the bank robbers, they still kept their Tommyguns.

Comment

Sarge correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the the AR in AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle-15.

Comment

WAM my eelings exactly, I just could not think of a nice way to put it.

Coyote Hunter...You are not allowed to voice your views regarding "ARs" or the 2A on this forum any longer.

Comment

hengst... you are not allowed to tell me what I can or cannot do, lest I remind you of the 1st Amendment

Comment

Ahh you catch on quick Sorry just a little lesson on infringement...Sorry I had to use you as an example but that is how that works.

Seriously though even though folks disagree we all can discuss it.

Comment

All this makes me wish for the company of my (non-speaking) dog.

Sammy, bring daddy a deer stick and a Scotch, and start the fire. Good dog.

Comment

10jolsen; The AR in AR-15 stands for ARmalite the original manufacturer of the AR-10. Still around today.

The thing I love about this site is the amount of unbiased knowledge that can be learned here.

Unfortunately there are some who come here with misinformation and half truths. Yes I am talking about you CoyoteHunter. The Federal Government NEVER banned Machine Guns and AOW [sawed off shotguns and rifles] Because then US Attorney General Homer Cummings did not want to run afoul of The 2nd Amendment. He instead levied a $200 TAX Stamp issued by the Federal Government on TWO aforementioned firearms. The HARDEST thing to do is write a clear on concise law. You can see that with just trying to define an Assault Rifle which is a Sub Rifle Caliber rifle capable of Selective Fire. Not a Ruger 10/22. I am really amazed that the provers of fear don't call them Weapons of Mass Destruction. But everybody knows that those are Atom Bombs.

I believe the real thrust of the law was making Teachers and Health Care Providers Criminally Liable for not reporting the likes of Lanza and Hughes. Try to get that law with out Registering a pistol grip Rifle and Banning a 30 round magazine. The Liberals would loose their water.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

What would define a well regulated militia?

Comment

@hengst - I figured you were up to something, haha. But I do not see how that would apply to the 2nd Amendment, as each amendment is infringed in different manners due to different content of course. An infringement upon speech has no application of example for the 2nd Amendment.

@Carl - I should have specified H.R. 4332. H.R. 4332 banned the ownership of fully automatic weapon not registered as of May 19, 1986. Although, this does not change my original point. Other than that bit, I do not see the "misinformation and half truths" I came here with, and I would love if you could point them out. As far as "unbiased knowledge" goes, I see none of that in the political department.

Comment

Also
                                The Constitution also allows for three (3) forces.
                                The regular army.
                                The "organized" militia. (Nat'l Guard)
                                The "unorganized" militia. (All able bodied men between the age of 18 and 45)
                                Right now, the "unorganized" militia is larger than both the regular army AND the "organized" militias combined!
                                'Yote Hunter! Google "Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp"! Look at her address to the Senate panel in '09! Quite an eye opener!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad