Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ironic that today we celebrate the life of one of our greatest civil rights leaders and inaugurate a leader that clearly wan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How ironic that today we celebrate the life of one of our greatest civil rights leaders and inaugurate a leader that clearly wan

How ironic that today we celebrate the life of one of our greatest civil rights leaders and inaugurate a leader that clearly wants to take away basic civil liberties as guaranteed in the Constitution.

I'm against an assault weapons ban just as much as anyone else, but quit being a drama queen, because "assault" weapons aren't a civil liberty. That's a fact. And if you're not referring to an assault weapons ban, then I would like to know what nonsense you are referring to.

Comment

WAM- Ironic, or planned for effect, just like the chilluns??

redfishunter-
      Marse Bob was born on January 19, 1807. Get your facts straight, son.

Comment

CoyoteHunter-
        Any infringement on the Second Amendment is an assault on civil liberties. Should you be so ill-informed as to the other infringements upon our basic rights and civil liberties by the current Capon-in-Chief, I pity you in your state of ignorance.

Comment

May be the celebration day, but not his actual birth day. My facts are straight, and were you my son, I would have taught you better manners, a noticeable lack in your on-line personality.

Comment

How is it an infringement of the 2nd Amendment? "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." It's not an infringement to regulate fully automatic guns, so why is it an infringement to regulate "assault" weapons? I recommend you do your research before you call others ignorant. Also, you say "infringements" so please inform me of these other "infringements".

Comment

@crm3006 - You just called a person you have never met ignorant and ill-informed, so perhaps you should teach yourself some manners.

Comment

CoyoteHunter-
                The 1934 regulation forbidding the possession of fully automatic weapons is just as much of an infringement on the Second Amendment as the 1968 Gun Control Act, The Brady Bill, and the "Assault Weapons Ban." In the era in which this bill was passed, many private companies were purchasing these weapons, legally, to protect homes, businesses, and banks, which were often private, uninsured, and robbed. All the Act did, as all laws restricting weapons do, was to make criminals out of the law abiding, and further disarm them.
                You quoted the Second Amendment to me, however, you seem to be reading it selectively. I call that ignorance, and will point it out whenever it is apparent. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, which knowledge you have demonstrated you do not possess.

Comment

I wish people , especially people who are well informed about fireams, would quit refering to AR type firearms as assault firearms. They are no more assault firearms than my single shot .22 if it is pointed at you by someone that is going to kill you. Then my single shot .22 becomes an assault weapon. I would like to choke the guy who originally refered to the AR type of firearms as assault firearms. My Weatherby SA08 12 ga. 28 inch barrel multi-choke semi auto shotgun loaded with 5 rounds of #4 buckshot if I come looking for you to do you in is an assault weapon. We need to educate as many people as we can to try to change their perception about these rifles. There are tremendous amounts of people, who know only what they see on the bias news channels we need to try to educate them every chance that we can.

Comment

Amen and ditto WAM and Sarge, the term "assault weapon" is something the anti-gunners dreamed up years ago to fan the flames of their cause.

Comment

The right to any specific type of weapon is not in the 2nd Amendment. What I quoted to you was the ENTIRE amendment. Also, it does matter what the effect of such a restriction is, it is still not an infringement on the 2nd Amendment. Also, if you could point out which part I "selectively read", that would be great. As far as lack of knowledge goes, you have demonstrated no knowledge as to why it is or isn't an infringement on the 2nd Amendment or on our civil liberties. You simply state without reason. Here's some of your statements: "The 1934 regulation forbidding the possession of fully automatic weapons is just as much of an infringement on the Second Amendment as the 1968 Gun Control Act, The Brady Bill, and the "Assault Weapons Ban."" You didn't state WHY any of these were infringements, simply that they ARE. "you seem to be reading it selectively" You didn't say why you thought that or even which part I was "selectively reading". "Any infringement on the Second Amendment is an assault on civil liberties." Didn't say why it's an infringement. So once again, you say I do not possess knowledge(You also din't say how I demonstrated my lack of knowledge), knowledge that you CLEARLY have not demonstrated based on my reasons above, all of which are exact quotes from you. Don't throw stones from a glass house.

Comment

Rev. King's dream was that we would judge a man based on his character rather than the color of his skin. Today we inaugurated a person of low character only because of the color of his skin.

Comment

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with y'all's feelings on the term "assault weapon". The only reason I use it now is to avoid confusion. Just wanted to clear that up, so you didn't think I was just another misinformed person.

Comment

Really Sourdough? I had no idea you knew the reasons that every individual voter voted the way they chose. On a serious note, that is perhaps the most ignorant, misinformed, biased, incorrect, and nonsense statement I've read today. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

A couple of these were worth reading. Thank you 007 and Sarge. Good point WAM. Thank you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad