Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone explain to me the new laws passed in NY. Haven't had time to catch up on my current events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone explain to me the new laws passed in NY. Haven't had time to catch up on my current events.

Could someone explain to me the new laws passed in NY. Haven't had time to catch up on my current events.

Ban on assault rifles with one or more military characteristics

Grandfathered guns have to be registered

all high capacity magazines must be sold out of state in a years time

if deemed mentally unsafe by state pyschocolgist they confisncate firearms

If caught with more then 7 round you are arrested and charged with a misdemeanor

Ammo buying requires back ground checks, no online ammo purchases.

Its a load of crap, hopefully the planned federal lawsuits work. If not Im headin to PA till I graduate college

Comment

For more details, scroll back to sourdough dave's question of Jan. 14th on p.2 under the heading of "Second Amendment."

Comment

Wow, I figured it might be bad but not that bad.

Comment

You can buy ammo online but you have to have it shipped to a dealer.
          Can't be in the possession of a high cap. mag regardless of when it was made or sold.

Comment

Do you think something like this will ever pass in a majority red state like Missouri (my home state)? Or do you think the federal government will pass a federal law first? I have to say I've never been more worried about the future of the second amendment.

Comment

You can bet the folks on Capitol Hill are watching this one to gauge the public reaction, before daring to venture down the same road on a national scale.
              But the people of New York are a pretty subdued bunch, who will tolerate a lot more of that crap than the average American. That will have to be taken into account as they assess the situation.

Comment

The first thing you can do to stop this crap is join the NRA. Already a member-upgrade or gift membership to someone you know that isn't.

Comment

Is the high capacity mag ban on handguns or does it apply to rifles as well? If so, is there an caliber prerequisite? Basically what I am asking is this: Would my Henry .22, which holds 15 .22 long rifle bullets, be legal in New York?

Comment

Quinton- It may not apply to handguns, No one has figured it out yet, and your 22 would be safe, in my 10/22 however I can only put 7 rounds in the magazine.

-One P****** Off New York Resident

Comment

The "lame stream" keeps reporting higher and higher percentages of Americans supporting stricter "gun control" laws! Yesterday it was "...over 50%...". This morning, they're using "...60% prefer stricter gun control laws..."
                      What is this? Hornswoggle America time?
                      Tell the gun owning public they are the minority?

I still say, "Don't give one inch!"

Comment

I agree with you Bubba, give those anti gunners, nothing, Thank God the NRA is on the same mind set. It still amazing to me, that there are Sportsmen who are willing to give up large capacity magazines and other certain firearms. Some sportsmen even on this website, that throw in the towel, and were willing to give them up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to We Don't NEED
                          by rock rat
                          Turd herder? Bubba did you used to work at the wastewater plant?

Am Flyer, much appreciated but it's kind of a lost cause here.
                          Today, 01:18 PM
                        • We Don't NEED
                          by jhjimbo
                          We may want, but we do not NEED.
                          We don't need a female President just to have a female President. We especially don't need a black female President...
                          Yesterday, 07:33 AM
                        • Reply to We Don't NEED
                          by Ontario Honker Hunter
                          Perhaps it's time to think about scheduling one of Trump's cognitive tests? ...
                          Today, 01:08 PM
                        • Reply to What Would Your World Be Like ?
                          by Amflyer
                          If Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi were alive today, they would not think this meme to be in good taste. Shame on you. ...
                          Today, 01:04 PM
                        • What Would Your World Be Like ?
                          by jhjimbo
                          Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??...
                          Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X